Plastics & high volumes?
- In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/18/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 11, p19
Reports that the world automotive plastics markets could increase its annual rate through 2010, with Asia-Pacific markets posting the largest gains, according to Margolis Polymers of USA and Canada. Uses of plastics; Companies producing automotive plastics; Information on the global demand for...
- Plastic Omnium in module first on BMW X5 fenders…. Bickerstaffe, Simon // Automotive Engineer;Dec2006, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p34
The article evaluates the fender modules for the new BMW X5 from Plastic Omnium.
- Cars using more plastics? White, Liz // Urethanes Technology;Apr/May2001, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p32
Focuses on issues about the use of plastics in the automotive industry. Views of automobile materials specifiers on plastic; Influence of plastic on automobile design.
- New automotive center promotes plastics. // Plastics Technology;Jun98, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p69
Reports the endorsement of plastic automotive parts by American Plastics Council (APC) Automotive Center. Opening of office on June 1998; Scope of awareness campaign regarding use of plastics; Physical description of facility.
- DSM introduces recycle-content grades for use in automotive industry. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Mar2011, Vol. 169 Issue 3, p5
The article offers brief information on the Akulon RC portfolio of PA6's recycle content grades to be used in the automotive industry from DSM Engineering Plastics BV.
- Conductive coatings for plastics. Mayekar, Minal Mangesh // Paintindia;Aug2013, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p57
In automotive industries metal parts are replaced by plastic due to its light weight, flexibility of design and lower cost. To increase productivity and to reduce process time electrostatic painting is preferred by automotive manufacturers. Metal substrates can be easily painted by this...
- DO PLASTIC body panels HAVE A FUTURE? Whitfield, Kermit // Automotive Design & Production;Jun2004, Vol. 116 Issue 6, p58
Ponders on whether the U.S. automobile industry would adopt plastic body panels in 2004. Projected growth of the demand for thermoplastic fender material in the U.S. and Europe by 2010; Reason behind the interest of manufacturers with plastic panels; Problem facing plastic suppliers.
- GLOBAL BUSINESS. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Mar2009, Vol. 167 Issue 3, p19
The article offers news briefs related to the materials industry. The German government has approved the use of a twice-galvanized steel coil for highway crash barrier beams. General Motors Corp. will build a lithium-ion battery pack. The Kuga automobile, manufactured by Ford, use plastics to...
- Experts: Good service trumps lower costs. Peavy, Katherine // Plastics News;4/23/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p9
The article focuses on the automotive materials market of China. Zhang Yue, senior engineer in product development at FAW-Volkswagen, said that the market opportunity for providing plastic materials to automotive manufacturers is huge, with each automobile requiring about 220-441 pounds of...