TITLE

Magnetic field-controlled two-way shape memory in CoNiGa single crystals

AUTHOR(S)
Li, Y.X.; Liu, H.Y.; Meng, F.B.; Yan, L.Q.; Liu, G.D.; Dai, X.F.; Zhang, M.; Liu, Z.H.; Chen, J.L.; Wu, G.H.
PUB. DATE
May 2004
SOURCE
Applied Physics Letters;5/3/2004, Vol. 84 Issue 18, p3594
SOURCE TYPE
Academic Journal
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
A two-way magnetic field controlled shape memory effect has been observed in single crystals of CoNiGa with martensitic transformation temperature ranging from 205 to 341 K. Two-way shape memory with -2.3% strain has been obtained in free samples. By applying a bias field of up to 2 T, the shape memory strain can be continuously controlled from negative 2.3% to positive 2.2% giving it a total strain of 4.5%. The magnetic properties of CoNiGa show that it is a good shape memory material working at relatively high temperature of up to 450 K, and has a lower magnetic anisotropy than NiMnGa. © 2004 American Institute of Physics.
ACCESSION #
12930022

 

Related Articles

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of VIRGINIA BEACH PUBLIC LIBRARY AND SYSTEM

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics