Chrosniak: Adjustments Were 'Bogus'
- THE FIX WAS IN. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p1
Presents an update on the federal fraud trial of former Adelphia Communications Corp. executives as of April 2004. Testimony given by former Adelphia director of investor relations Karen Chrosniak; Subscriber additions made by the company; Agreement made by Chrosniak with the U.S. government.
- Cable's Fallen Idol. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;7/12/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p68
Expresses an opinion on the conviction of John and Tim Rigas, executives at cable company Adelphia Communications. Memories about cable mogul John; Similarities of the fall of the Rigases with a Greek tragedy; Comments on the lack of media attention to the case against John and Tim.
- MEET THE JURY. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/1/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the jury for the U.S. federal fraud trial of four former Adelphia Communications executives. Background of the case; Findings of the independent investigation into the accusations against the executives; Personal background of the jurors.
- Jury selection begins in Adelphia execs trial. // Daily Variety;2/24/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 42, p7
Announces that jury selection began on February 23, 2004, in the federal fraud trial of former Adelphia chairman John Rigas, two of his sons and former executive at the company, nearly two years after the cabler's stock price and its founding family collapsed in an accounting scandal. ...
- Rigases await fate as jury mulls details. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;7/8/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 3, p5
Reports that a federal jury has asked for additional information in deciding the fat of cable pioneer John Riggas, his two sons, and former corporate executive Michael Mulcahey arising from a case that resulted from the collapse of Adelphia Communications in 2002. Media coverage of the case as...
- Trial by Boredom. J. M. H. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/1/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 9, p8
The article presents information on the trial case going on against Adelphia Communications. Potential jurors hearing the case against Adelphia Communications founder John Rigas were grilled during an interview. His son Tim Rigas has tried to maintain the same sleepy posture. And ex-COO Michael...
- Rigases Ask High Court To Toss Fraud Convictions. // Multichannel News;10/15/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 41, p39
The article reports that former Adelphia Communications Corp. executives John and Tim Rigas have filed a petition to have their case heard by the U.S. Supreme Court after being stymied by a court of appeals in their quest to overturn their fraud convictions. John Rigas was sentenced to 15 years...
- John, Tim Rigas Report to Serve Prison Sentences. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;8/20/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 33, p9
The article reports that former Adelphia Communications chairman John Rigas and his son, Timothy Rigas, headed to Butner Federal Prison in North Carolina to serve their prison sentences. The Rigases were convicted for 18 counts of fraud and conspiracy in the U.S. District Court for the Southern...
- The Buzz. Linnett, Richard; Kerwin, Ann Marie // Advertising Age;3/8/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 10, p45
Highlights the low media attention on the trial of Adelphia Communications executives John Rigas and his sons Tim and Michael in March 2004, for alleged money embezzlement. Total value of company money used by the Rigases for personal purposes; Investments a properties bought by the Rigases...