Ferree Plan No Picnic for Cable, Either
- NCTA Backs 3-Year Limit. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;9/10/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 36, p2
The article reports that the U.S. National Cable & Telecommunications Association has supported the cable television networks' offer to distribute local TV stations in both analog and digital formats for three years. This will follow the official cutoff of analog TV in early 2009. The...
- FCC Seeks to Tweak Retrans Rules. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;3/7/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p4
The article discusses the proposal of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to make changes to its retransmission-consent oversight rules. The proposal is designed to better clarify what bargaining in good faith means and eliminate the syndicated exclusivity and nonduplication rules...
- DIGITAL MUST-CARRY: WHERE TO? McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;9/22/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 38, pS9
Focuses on the digital must-carry rules of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission for television broadcasters in the U.S. Expectation on the opposition of the cable industry to the rule; Challenges facing by the cable industry in regard to the multi-carriage mandate.
- AT A GLANCE. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/6/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 49, p15
Presents updates on the cable television networks market in North Carolina as of December 6, 2004. Television revenue rank; Top commercial television stations; Number of alternative delivery systems subscribers.
- Programming. // CableFAX Daily;2/1/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p2
The article reports on the programming of some cable networks in the U.S. as of February 2006.
- VH1 Classic Adds Box Sets. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;1/24/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on the efforts by the VH1 Classic cable network to boost its audience with longer form programming. Launching of the network's vintage music series, including "Yo MTV Raps" and "Pop Up Video," in the third quarter of 2005; Plan by the network to air programming blocks or box sets around...
- Programming. // CableFAX Daily;3/29/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 60, p3
Reports on the programming of some cable television stations in the U.S. in April 2006.
- MTV Doings. Brady, Shirley // CableFAX Daily;3/29/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 60, p3
Reports on the programming of cable networks MTV, MTV2, and MTVU in the U.S. in April 2006.
- Basic Cable Sales Gain $900M in First Half. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;10/6/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p25
Reports on the advertising sales of cable television stations in the U.S. for the first half of 2003, according to a Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau analysis of TNS Media Intelligence/CMR Data. Percentage increase in advertising-supported cable; First-half advertising sales of broadcast...