America Online's 'My MC' Joins Time Warner Cable TV Ranks
- IS MTV KILLING MUSIC VIDEO? // Creative Review;Dec2002, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p40
Reports on the allegation that cable network Music Television (MTV) is causing the extinction of the music videos. Withdrawal of MTV support to groundbreaking videos; Preference for music videos that appeal to children.
- VIDEO MONITOR. // Billboard;1/11/2003, Vol. 115 Issue 2, p46
Presents a chart of the most-played music videos on United States music television networks.
- TV Airplay Chart. // Music Week;3/9/2005, Issue 10, p25
Presents a chart depicting the ranking of music videos performed by various artists in Great Britain as of March 9, 2005.
- ROCK-AND-ROLL VAUDEVILLE. Brubach, Holly // Atlantic (02769077);Jul84, Vol. 254 Issue 1, p99
Recalls the history of Music Television (MTV) in the U.S. Overview of the first video shown on MTV; Trends in music in the 1980s; Popularity of music videos.
- Pop divas sheikh up Arab scene. Jaafar, Ali // Variety;3/27/2006, Vol. 402 Issue 6, Special Section pA4
The article focuses on the emergence of the Rotana music television channel in Arab countries in 2006. Information on the music and movie channels launched by Rotana is presented. It identifies several artists featured in Rotana. It also offers information on the reaction of conservatives and...
- Almost Acquaintances. Gosling, Emily // Design Week (Online Edition);2/17/2014, p2
The article discusses how music videos and the media shape identity and how they inform ideas about race and stereotypes.
- VIDEO MONITOR. // Billboard;1/24/2004, Vol. 116 Issue 4, p51
Presents a chart of the most-played music videos in various television networks for the week ended January 11, 2004.
- VIDEO MONITOR. // Billboard;2/21/2004, Vol. 116 Issue 8, p55
Presents a chart of top music videos frequently featured by various music video television networks, as of February 8, 2004.
- VIDEO MONITOR. // Billboard;11/27/2004, Vol. 116 Issue 48, p49
Presents the most-played music videos as monitored by Nielsen Broadcast Data Systems for the week ending November 14, 2004.