High-Def's Gaping Technology Gap
- South East Asia: StarHub steps up pace to woo subscribers for new HDTV package. // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;1/26/2007, p54
The article reports on the launch of the high definition television (HDTV) package called "HD Plus" by StarHub Ltd. The package includes the Discovery and National Geographic channels. In order to sign up for HD Plus, consumers will have to first subscribe to at least three basic groups in...
- Adding High Fidelity to HDTV. Moss, Linda; Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p2C
Relates the commitment of U.S. cable operators to offer concerts in high definition (HD) television format. Overview of HD technology; Networks offering such services; Strategic reasons for airing such programs.
- This Just In. // Multichannel News;11/20/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p5
Presents news about the United States cable television industry, as of November 2000. Lennox Lewis-David Tua heavyweight pay-per-view event; Approval of a franchise of TotaLINK in Louisville, Kentucky; High-definition telecast of Thanksgiving Day's National Football League game.
- Hallmark net to add HD clone. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;8/10/2007, Vol. 296 Issue 29, p18
The article reports on the creation of a high-definition (HD) version of the Hallmark Movie Channel in the U.S. starting in the first quarter of 2007. The creation of the HD simulcast for the Hallmark Movie Channel is attributed to the rising consumer demand for television content that is...
- Cable Upping HD as Revenue Growth Ebbs. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;12/30/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 51, p12
The article reports on the plan of multiple system cable TV operators (MSOs) to advance high-definition (HD) platforms come 2008 in a bid to address the decline in subscriber growth and increased competition from satellite and telephone carriers. Cox Communications is providing five free...
- That's a Great Picture, But It Isn't HDTV. Downey, Kevin // Broadcasting & Cable;12/6/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 49, p26
Discusses several factors relating to high definition television (HDTV). Estimated number of U.S. households who will be receiving high definition signal by 2007, according to the Consumer Electronics Association; Cable television networks that air programs in high-definition; Price of an HDTV set.
- DTV PRODUCTS: CABLE SYSTEMS WITH HD PROGRAMMING. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/11/2004 Supplement, Vol. 19, p36
This section presents a chart containing comprehensive information about cable systems with high-definition programming available in the market as of October 12, 2004.
- HDTV shapes up. // Onfilm;Dec2006/Jan2007, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p8
The article reports that subscription television (TV) operator Sky has announced that its high-definition (HD) TV packages will cost more than standard definition. Sky is scheduled to transmit 720 progressive (p) programming beginning in the first quarter of 2008. Sky subscribers can only...
- Choices. Cicciora, Walter S. // CED;Apr2005, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p64
Presents insights concerning cable subscriber choice in the United States. Programming choices offered by cable operators; Analog, digital, standard definition and high definition modes of programming delivery; Video, high-speed data and telephony services.