2010: Taking HD to a Higher Ground
- NHK builds HDTV News Center. // World Broadcast Engineering;Jun2000, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p10
Reports on Japan Broadcasting Corp.'s installation of high definition television (HDTV) system for its news broadcasting operations in Japan. Issues related to HDTV which arose during simulcasting; Equipment used to avoid problems in parts not converted to HDTV.
- CBS' masterstroke. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;02/21/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 8, p35
Focuses on plans of the Columbia Broadcasting Systems Corp. (CBS) to broadcast the 2000 Masters golf tournament in high-definition television (HDTV) in the United States. Role of Sony Electronics in providing HDTV equipment for broadcast; Deal between Sony and tournament host Augusta National...
- A high degree of high definition. Spring, Greg; Schneider, Michael // Electronic Media;07/05/99, Vol. 18 Issue 27, p4
Focuses on United States-based television network CBS's commitment to delivering its primetime lineup in high-definition television. Conversion of made-for-television movies into high definition; Development of theatrical films.
- Scoring points in high definition. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;10/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p11
Reports the improvement of high-definition sports broadcasting in the United States. Aims of CBS and HDNet to prove value of high definition television (HDTV); Partnership of CBS with Sears and Samsung for HDTV college football production; Philosophy given by HDnet president and Dallas...
- SATELLITE FIGHT. Osaki, Tad // Variety;06/12/2000, Vol. 379 Issue 4, p29
cReports on the conflict between NHK and other commercial television networks over the launch of digital high-definition satellite transmissions in December 2000 in Japan. Views of NHK President Katsuji Ebisawa on the pricing of set-top box and hardware; Comparison between the number of...
- NHK enters political arena offering high-def coverage. Osaki, Tad // Variety;06/12/2000, Vol. 379 Issue 4, p32
Reports that Japan-based NHK will conduct live broadcasts of the United States presidential conventions in summer 2000 and offer its digital high-definition television technology for free. Amount of its investment for the technology; Information on NHK broadcasting operations; Reason why some...
- NHK: Broadcasting's R&D behemoth. Forrester, Chris // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;May/Jun2008, p8
The article discusses the research and development (R&D) plan of NHK, Japan's public broadcaster, concerning high definition television (HDTV). Some of the company's broadcasting technologies include the News Flash early warning system that sends alert about impending tsunami or earthquake, and...
- Life on the shelf for HDTV content. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;07/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p17
Reports on high-definition television (HDTV) advocates' admission that broadcasters have lost interest in producing HDTV versions of most network programs. Factors that hinder the growth of HDTV, according to Conrad Denke, president of American production Services; Plans of ABC to use HDTV...
- THE EVOLUTION OF ENCODING RESEARCH. Barker, David; Timberg, Bernard // Journal of Film & Video;Summer89, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including Brad Chisholm's paper, "On Screens-Screens," and another one about a case study of a single high definition television (HDTV) text, Julia and Julia, a feature-length dramatic production.