ESPN Hopes Shorts Score
- More ESPN antics. // Adweek Western Edition;4/29/96, Vol. 46 Issue 18, p3
Reports on the launching of the second group of television advertisements for ESPN's show `SportsCenter.' Description of the advertisements; Producer.
- ESPN promos. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/29/96, Vol. 126 Issue 19, p90
Reports that ESPN will broadcast a second round of advertisements to promote its `Sports Center' commencing April 29, 1996. Advertisements produced by Widen and Kennedy; Description of advertisements.
- `SportsCenter.' McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;07/21/97, Vol. 16 Issue 30, p38
Presents information on the television program `SportsCenter,' aired on ESPN cable television network. Who initiated the show; What impact did the program have on television coverage of sports; Comments by Steve Bornstein, president and chief executive officer of the ESPN network and the...
- ESPN nets Sears shop. Lefton, Terry // Brandweek;09/07/98, Vol. 39 Issue 33, p5
Reports on ESPN cable television network's deal with Sears Roebuck & Co. that will enable ESPN to open boutiques in Sears stores. Number of shops planned by the network; Merchandise at ESPN shops.
- ESPN upping cable avails. // Electronic Media;04/12/99, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p10
Reports on the plan of American cable television network ESPN to increase the number of local avails it offers to cable operators for its `SportsCenter' telecasts by 50 percent in March 2000.
- The King. Shea, Jim // Columbia Journalism Review;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p45
Features ESPN, the world's largest cable television sports network. Estimated worth; Different divisions of the Disney and Hearst-owned company; Impact of the signature show of ESPN, SportsCenter; Mission of John Walsh, executive editor of ESPN. INSET: Growth Industry.
- ESPN Eyes `SportsCenter' Sales Score. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;03/20/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p30
Reports on the advertising revenues expected by ESPN from its `SportsCenter' program. Factors influencing the advertising revenues of the program and the network; Categories considered by ESPN as sources of advertising revenues.
- ESPN Deportes anchors aweigh for Jan. 7 launch. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;12/18/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 53, p48
Reports on the appointment of anchors for "SportsCenter" television program by ESPN Deportes.
- ESPN Bestows $75 Million in Airtime Upon Affiliates. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;04/12/99, Vol. 9 Issue 15, p5
Reports on the plan of ESPN to expand its local avails by a minute for every live, regularly scheduled hour of `Sportscenter.' Comments from Sean Bratches, senior vice-president of ESPN; Details on the plan; Implication of the plan on the local advertising on cable systems.