Interest in 'Chopper' Leaves Some Affiliates at (the) Gate
- Discovery Strikes iTunes Deal. Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;5/22/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 21, p27
Reports on an agreement signed by Discovery Communications that will make programs from its cable television networks available on the Apple iTunes store. Cost of the service per episode; Decision of Discovery to move its motorcycle series "American Chopper" from the Discovery Channel to TLC.
- Abruzzese finds challenge of selling Discovery a good fit. Atkinson, Claire // Advertising Age;10/18/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 42, p30
Profiles Joe Abruzzese, president of advertising and sales at Discovery Networks in the U.S. Career background; Domestic cable networks being sold by Abruzzese; Promotion at CBS in 1991.
- Discovery takes on ex-Capital chief. // Marketing Week;4/6/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p14
Reports that European cable firm Discovery Networks Europe has hired Lizzie Palmer to head its marketing department. Palmer's former work with Capital Radio; Responsibilities at Discovery; Selection of agency Hooper Galton to handle advertising.
- Cable channel pushes facts. // Marketing Event;Nov/Dec98, p8
Reports that Discovery Networks Europe's repositioning as premier creator of factual entertainment was reinforced on stand at the European Cable Communications 1998 show. Effectiveness of the channel's stand in reaching their audience; Comments from Chris Abel, senior vice president for...
- TLC Trades Up to Elite Rating Space. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p14
Reports that the firm TLC has become one of the U.S. cable television's best primetime ratings draws relying mostly on nonfictional shows. Myth associated with the cable industry; Importance of the show 'Trading Places' to the company; Television series that are expected to be launched by the...
- The road more traveled. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;01/26/98, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p8
Reports that Discovery Communications is offering a license-free affiliation for its channel. Purpose of the company's decision; Other cable networks that practices discounted sales.
- Discovery satisfies Latin demand for documentaries. Goldner, Diane // Variety;05/19/97 Supplement, Vol. 367 Issue 3, p28
Reports on growth of Discovery Networks' Latin America service since its launching from Miami, Florida, in April 1994. Concept of Pan-Latin American advertising; Total viewership among all multichannel services in Latin America; Promotional spots; Offering of unique product; Effort to make the...
- Discovery Net Finds Way to Hungary. Nadler, John // Variety;01/18/99, Vol. 373 Issue 9, p73
Reports that Discovery Communications has launched two Hungarian cable networks namely, Discovery and the nature channel Animal Planet, in Budapest, Hungary. Viewership of Discovery; Significance of Discovery's arrival in Budapest.
- MSOs want to know. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;06/28/99, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p4
Reports on the plans by Discovery Communications to reformat its Knowledge TV cable television program. Inclusion of incentives for program distributors; Reaction from the company's cable television clients.