Wachovia, IRS Settlement in SLGS Rollover Error
- New laws change what's allowed with IRA rollovers. LUND, MARK // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;5/26/2014, Vol. 43 Issue 38, p13
The author discusses the laws that affect the rollover rule of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- Escrow funds proposals. // Practical Accountant;Mar99, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p14
Focuses on proposed regulations from the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on reporting income from escrow funds.
- No exceptions for 60-day rollover rule. Caudill, April K. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/14/98, Vol. 102 Issue 37, p36
Describes the US Internal Revenue Service's ruling in a case related to rollovers. Determination that the 60-day rollover limitation period could not be extended for a participant whose plan administrator erroneously distributed his entire qualified savings plan balance; Requirement for...
- FSA use-it-or-lose-it rule amended; will benefit's usage explode? // Ebn.benefitsnews.com;11/1/2013, p1
The article reports on the U.S. Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) notice on amendment in the Flexible Spending Account (FSA) rule to rollover unused funds, and refers to advantage of employees to manage health care expenses, forfeiture of unused funds, and tax free contribution to FSA.
- Revenue ruling eases administrative rollover burden. Davis, Andrea // Ebn.benefitsnews.com;4/28/2014, p1
The article reports on the removal of a cumbersome step plan to be taken by plan sponsors when accepting rollovers from other employers' plans by the U.S. Treasury Department and Internal Revenue Service (IRS), in an effort to make workplace retirement savings more portable.
- Internal Revenue Service Issues Guidance on Automatic Rollover Provisions. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2004 Q4, p1
The article focuses on the guidance released by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service to educate taxpayers on automatic rollover distribution (ARD) in retirement plans. It defines mandatory distribution (MD) as a distribution made without the consent of the plan participant. Plan participants are...
- IRS to Audit 40 Deals Over Penalties. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;11/26/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31521, p1
Reports on the plans of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to audit 40 tax-exempt governmental bond issues beginning January 2003. Reasons for the audit; Areas to be examined by IRS; Penalty for the issuers not meeting payment requirements of arbitrage.
- IRS seeks to clarify tax-exempt bond use. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/9/94, Vol. 232 Issue 19, p16
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's proposed rule on the use of tax-exempt bond by industrial wastewater dischargers and municipalities considering privatization of sewerage plants. Clarification of what types of wastewater treatment facilities are entitled to use of...
- IRS: Colorado Springs Forward Float Not Within Safe Harbor. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;11/26/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32760, p5
The article reports on the argument of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that the bidding for a forward-float contract in a Colorado Springs 1991 was questionable. IRS believes that the city was underpaid for the float agreement. It contends that the deal has not met the safe harbor...