Former NABL President J. Hobson Presley Jr. Launches Own Law Firm
- NABL elects next president, new board members at annual meeting. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;09/27/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30734, p6
Reports on the election of J. Hobson Presley Jr. as president of the National Association of Bond Lawyers. Other officers of the association elected.
- Presley Endorses Circular 230, But Asks for Compliance Changes. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;4/8/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32107, p5
Reports on the demand of J. Hobson Presley Junior, a tax partner with Presley LLC, for bond lawyers to embrace Circular 230 in the U.S. Condition to the adoption of the Circular; Advantages of the Circular; Requirement of the Circular.
- International Law Firms. // Warsaw Business Journal;1/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p15
Presents the rankings of international law firms based in Warsaw, Poland. List of companies; Total number of lawyers employed per firm; Number of international offices and attorneys.
- Invasion of the Partner Snatchers? Drake, Diana Lasseter // Business News New Jersey;10/31/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 44, p18
Discusses the merger and consolidation trend among law firms in New Jersey. Effects of the march towards regionalization as law firms seek to cover more markets; Law firms in New Jersey that were acquired by major law firms outside the state; Impact of the consolidation trend on lawyers in New...
- Tech Crash, Firm Implosions Change Tack of Law Recruiting. Cziborr, Chris // Orange County Business Journal;10/27/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 43, p10
Reports on the recruitment of lawyers by law firms in Orange County, California. Factors affecting the recruitment of lawyers; Performance of law firms; Work programs offered by law firms.
- New law firm -- Axtmayer Carlo & Benitez -- is born. Garcia, Ivonne // Caribbean Business;7/13/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p17
Focuses on the establishment of law firm Axtmayer Carlo & Benitez in Puerto Rico. Names of law firm founders and partners; Statement of co-founder Osvaldo Carlo-Linares on corporate clients; Location of offices and start of operations; Fields of focus of the law firm.
- Denton Wilde Sapte axes seventy in London. Vere-Jones, Emma // Lawyer;5/5/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the financial performance and business operations of the law firm, Denton Wilde Sapte in Great Britain. Implementation of a consultation process with staff; Redeployment procedures; Strategies to prevent staff redundancy; Reduction of the number of lawyers in each department.
- Addleshaws partners to retire later post merger. Rovnick, Naomi // Lawyer;5/5/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p2
Reports on the retirement policy in the law firm, Legacy Addleshaws Booth and Co. in Great Britain. Personal pension plans for lawyers; Final salary pension schemes; Retirement age for lawyers; Need for a two-year allowance and working period before retirement.
- Linklaters faces recession with staffing clampdown. Power, Helen; Begum, Husnara // Lawyer;5/5/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p3
Reports on the increase in lawyer resignations in several overseas offices of the law firm, Linklaters. Reduction in partners and associates; Staff reductions; Strategies for managing staff turnovers; Business operations.