Board OKs plan for Illinois' First New Hospital in 25 Years
- New Health Regimen. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/8/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32006, p1
Reports on the Illinois Health Facilities Planning Board's approval of the construction of one hospital and rejection of three others submitted by hospitals or systems seeking to expand in the Chicago market. Certificates of need issued by the hospitals; Factors considered by the board in...
- Illinois Governor Appoints Three to Troubled Health Board. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/23/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31975, p5
Reports on the appointment of employees for three of the five vacant positions in the reconfigured Illinois Health Facilities Planning Board by Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich. Dismissal of previous members over an alleged extortion scandal that involved Bear Sterns &Co.; Speculation that...
- Facility's replacement discouraged. Japsen, Bruce // Modern Healthcare;11/28/94, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p8
Reports on the Illinois Department of Public Health's advice against a complete replacement of Chicago's Cook County Hospital. Illinois Health Facilities and Planning Board's inability to give a positive evaluation of a $570 million replacement of the hospital; Hospital's project costs.
- NW Memorial gets nod on rebuilding. // Crain's Chicago Business;4/11/94, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p46
Reports on the approval by the Illinois Health Facilities Planning Board of Northwestern Memorial Hospital's Streeterville rebuilding project involving the construction of a 2 million square foot replacement facility for the hospital.
- METRO IS ON THE MOVE. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;1/13/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 2, pB5
Reports that the Michigan Department of Community Health has issued a certificate of need (CON) to Metropolitan Hospital to proceed with the construction of a new hospital in January 2003. Information on the debate over the merits of CON; Reason for relocating the hospital; Increase in...
- Baptists, Methodists spar in Tenn. arena. Burda, David // Modern Healthcare;3/25/96, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p62
Reports on the certificate-of-need (CON) battle between Methodist Hospital in Germantown, Tennessee and Baptist Memorial Hospital in Collierville, Tennessee. Scheduled ruling on the competing CON applications on March 27, 1996; Details on both their applications.
- Alliance for health panel OK's CON requests. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;8/12/96, Vol. 14 Issue 33, p8
Reports that the Evaluation Board of the Alliance of Health approved two offerings for Certificate of Need proposals submitted by Grand Rapids, Michigan-based Metropolitan Hospital. Cooperative effort by Metropolitan Hospital and Grand Rapids, Michigan-based Butterworth Hospital; Creation of a...
- New Providence CEO makes a wise choice. // Crain's Detroit Business;07/26/99, Vol. 15 Issue 30, p8
Comments on the Providence Hospital's withdrawal of its request for a state-issued certificate of need for an inpatient hospital in Detroit, Michigan. Reasons of the hospital for withdrawing its request; Opposition against the proposed hospital.
- Corruption allegations renewed. Taylor, Mark // Modern Healthcare;3/21/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p18
Focuses on a lawsuit filed by Centegra Health Systems against the Illinois Health Facilities Planning Board and Mercy Health System in May 2004 which concerns corruption practices. Background of the case; Affidavit filed by Centegra in McHenry County Superior Court in Illinois; Allegations of...