Municipals, Treasuries Weaken As Durable Goods Surge
- Data-Free Day Leaves Munis Unchanged. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/21/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32533, p2
The article reports on the lack of change of the municipal market following a stable Treasury market on a data-free day in the U.S. A 2.25 percent growth in gross domestic product, a 1.0 percent gain in durable good is forecasted by economists polled by IFR Markets. Nearly $385 million of...
- Municipal Prices End Little Changed After FOMC Holds Steady on Rates. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;1/31/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31315, p2
Focuses on changes in municipal bond prices and treasury bond values in the U.S. as of January 30, 2002. Decline in government bond price with rise in gross domestic product; Impact of the decision to keep federal funds rate unchanged on market prices; Analysis of the market situation following...
- Municipal Yields Fall; $444 Million Of N.Y.C. TFA'S Priced for Retail. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;10/28/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31500, p2
Reports on the reduction in municipal bond yields between three and five basis points in the U.S. on October 25, 2002. Two-day retail order period on 444 million dollars of New York City Transitional Finance Authority future-tax-secured bonds; Decline in durable goods orders; Other retail orders.
- Munis End Session Little Changed; Massachusetts Agency Sells $425M. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;8/25/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32204, p2
Reports on the condition of the municipal bond market in the U.S. Price of the offering from the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority; Decline in durable goods orders; Indication of repricing the deal offered by the New Jersey Transit Corp.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Thursday, February 24. // Bond Buyer;2/25/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32078, p2
This article presents the economic indicators for February 24, 2005. Indicators considered were durable goods and initial jobless claims. Data are being provided in a tabulated manner and includes information on government securities prices, municipal bond index, etc.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, August 24. // Bond Buyer;8/25/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32204, p2
Presents charts depicting economic indicators, including durable goods, new home sales, government securities prices, and municipal bond index in the U.S. as of August 24, 2005.
- Market Close: BofA's Fischer Weighs Trend as Munis Beat Treasuries. Renick, Oliver // Bond Buyer;12/25/2013, p1
The article focuses on the analysis of the trends of the municipal bonds in the market by Phil Fischer of Bank of America. It mentions that the municipal bonds have beaten the Federal Reserve Treasuries. It presents views of Fischer on economic data such as the durable goods report, increase in...
- Munis Slightly Weaker as Treasuries Show Losses. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;11/29/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32621, p2
The article reports developments in the U.S. municipal market on November 28, 2007. According to the report, the municipal market was slightly weaker, following the Treasury market, and the traders found higher tax-exempt yields by one or two basis points. It shows that the durable goods orders...
- Bond Buyer Indexes Fall After Mixed Performance Last Week. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;6/6/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31651, p39
The Bond Buyer, a periodical, yield indexes mostly fell in the week ending June 6, 2003. Municipal bond yields rose up to two basis points on June 6 and two to five basis points on June 2. Treasury bonds' prices fell on June 2 when reports indicated that the May Institute for Supply Management...