Two Issuers in Illinois and Texas Want $114M in TIFIA Loans
- U.S. Lending $1.2B to Fund P3 HOV Deal for Capital Beltway. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;12/26/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32780, p32
The article reports on the $1.2 billion that will be lent by the U.S. Department of Transportation to Transurban and Fluor Enterprises. The loan will help to finance a $1.9 billion public-private partnership deal to build 14 miles of high-occupancy toll lanes on the traffic-choked Capital...
- ILLINOIS: TIGER for Transit Terminal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/27/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33738, p7
The article reports that according to the Transit Authority of Chicago, Illinois, the agency will use a 20 million dollars federal TIGER grant to fund upgrades to a busy transit terminal.
- Maryland Agency Makes $516M TIFIA Request for ICC. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;8/22/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32450, p5
The article reports on the $516 million budget application made by the Maryland Transportation Authority to help finance the $2.4 billion Intercounty Connector toll road project in the region. After the project's final federal approval, the authority made a formal application for the loan to the...
- Illiana Project Eligible for TIFIA Loan. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;3/18/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34077, p1
The article reports that Illinois and Indiana officials have said that the 1.3 billion U.S. dollars toll road Illiana project linking the states can apply for a Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (TIFIA) loan as of March 2014. It informs that the Illinois Department of...
- CTA plan set to go to lawmakers. // Crain's Chicago Business;7/19/93, Vol. 16 Issue 29, p1
Reports on the expected approval by the House of Representatives on an appropriations bill for the Department of Transportation. Plan for the computerization of Illinois bus projects; Allotment for the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) to install two-way radios and computers on buses; Features of...
- CTA Budget Has a Big Fan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/11/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33215, p9
The article reports that the 1.3 billion dollar proposed budget of Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) has received an endorsement of a local government finance watchdog group for resolving its revenue shortfall with cuts and fare increases.
- $20M Investment to Overhaul 95TH Street CTA Station. // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;6/27/2012, Vol. 45 Issue 21, p3
The article provides information on a critical federal funding of 20 million dollars made for the 95th Street Terminal Improvement Project by the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) in Chicago, Illinois.
- Hwy. 281 One Step Closer To Tolls-- Whether The Public Wants Them Or Not. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);8/22/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 34, p1
The article reports that the U.S. Federal Highway Administration has granted approval on the proposed addition of tolled lanes for U.S. Highway 81.
- $34 billion needed for maintenance, expansion, Chicago transit planners say. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;08/22/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30215, p1
Cites a report by transit authorities in Chicago, Illinois showing that the region needs funds for maintenance and expansion for highways. Priorities laid down by region's transportation players; Federal law requiring planners to update region's long-range transportation plan to quality for...