Stadium Funding Puzzle N.Y.C. Keeping Its Options Open and Flexible
- N.Y. Assembly Proposal Separates Javits Expansion and Stadium Plan. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;7/15/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31926, p40
Reports on the New York Assembly's version of legislation to permit the expansion of the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center. Limitation of the financing plan of Governor George Pataki and Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg; Restriction of using the Battery Park City Authority money for the project;...
- Manhattan Stadium Opponents Threaten Suit Over Funding Plan. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/22/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31995`, p1
Reports on the lawsuit filed by the opponents of the proposed New York Jets football stadium to bar New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg from using the city's Transitional Finance Authority (TFA) to support part of a refinancing plan. Violation of the TFA legislation; Redevelopment of the...
- NEW YORK: Stadium Switch? McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;1/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31303, p35
Reports that New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg is planning a billion dollar football stadium in Manhattan, New York. Efforts of Bloomberg to bring the Olympics to New York; Use of the proposed stadium by New York's football team.
- A hatchet, not a scalpel, for NYC budget cuts. Irwin, Demetria // New York Amsterdam News;11/13/2008, Vol. 99 Issue 47, p3
The article reflects on the budget and employee reduction scheme implemented by Mayor Michael Bloomberg in New York City. Bloomberg has urged for the implementation of the scheme after a week announcement of the development of their new programs for the public. The scheme aims to address the...
- Bloomberg unveils new plan for lower Manhattan. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;12/19/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 51, p6
Reports on a plan for rebuilding lower Manhattan, New York unveiled by mayor Michael Bloomberg in the week preceding December 19, 2002. Amount involved in the plan; Appreciation of Bloomberg's initiative; Overview of the plan.
- Protesters crash Bloomberg's party. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;12/19/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 51, p6
Reports that New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg got a surprise visit from a group of former welfare recipients as he unveiled his plans for rebuilding lower Manhattan at Regional Hotel in the week preceding December 19, 2002. Reason for interrupting the mayor's presentation; Contribution of...
- Giant Ideas For Lower Manhattan. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;12/13/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31532, p1
Reports that New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg outlined a 10.6 billion dollar plan to revitalize lower Manhattan that relies heavily on the insurance of bonds as of December 2002. Details of the plan; Types of investments that public sector must make; Plans of the New York City Housing...
- NEW YORK: Bloomberg's Plan. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;10/22/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31248, p38
Discusses New York City Republican mayoral candidate Michael Bloomberg's recovery plan for downtown Manhattan, New York. Bloomberg's arguments regarding agency to sell bonds to finance reconstruction; Management of recovery efforts; Recovery plan by Bloomberg's opponent in elections.
- The Jets, Bloomberg, Cablevision, Olympics and LI. Kiernan, John // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/18/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p11A
Comments on the battle that New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and the New York Jets football team are waging against Madison Square Garden (MSG)/Cablevision over the proposed stadium in Manhattan, New York City. Use of the unlimited access of Bloomberg to the press to fight for the stadium;...