Rizzoli Helps White Star Expand U.S. Presence
- AN INTERVIEW WITH PETER KINDERSLEY. Goldenberg, Carol // Horn Book Magazine;May92, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p297
This article presents an interview with Peter Kindersley, the co-founder and chairman of Dorling Kindersley Inc. which is a publisher of nonfiction books. He comments on the use of photography in the books. Kindersley discusses producing books on CD-ROM (Compact Disc-Read Only Memory) in...
- THE BOOK CLUB. Schonauer, David // American Photo;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p65
Comments on the cheaper prices of photographic books. Factors that drive the prices down; Value of photography as historical evidence.
- More Than Just Pretty Pictures. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;10/14/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 41, p31
Discusses the trends in the U.S. gift book market after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. Factor which plays a role in the sell-through of illustrated gift books; Number of copies of 'Tuscany' which are sold per year. INSET: Getting Gifty--What the Customers Want.
- NuvoMedia expands Ebook offerings; moves titles into educational market. // Electronic Education Report;07/21/99, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p5
Reports on NuvoMedia's expansion of its Rocket eBook offerings into the education market with the addition of online textbook seller ecampus.com as a seller of the electronic book products.
- BOOK 'EM. Doane, Kathy S.; Boyd, Amanda // Cincinnati Magazine;Jun2000, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p13
Presents facts about books and bookselling in Cincinnati, Ohio. Year the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County held its first used book sale; Number of books sold during the week of June 5-9, 2000, on Fountain Square; Price of a full set of encyclopedia.
- Going to market. Raymond, M. // Publishers Weekly;10/20/89, Vol. 236 Issue 16, p22
Describes the advantages of using regional distributors and wholesalers to market titles by regional book publishers and the growth of the book industry in these areas. Distribution problems; Examples of wholesalers and distributors.
- United Kingdom Books. // Books Industry Profile: United Kingdom;2002, pN.PAG
Presents a profile of the books industry in the United Kingdom. Background on Datamonitor, a business information company specializing in industry analysis; Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in the...
- Children's regionals get organized. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;1/12/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 2, p23
Reports on children's bookselling and regional organizations. Comments from Judy Wheeler, executive director of the Southern California Children's Booksellers Association and Sally Bulthuis, manager of Pooh's Corner of Grand Rapids, Michigan; News and projects of the five children's regional...
- Hill College Press to release second book of the year. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);2/28/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p2
The article reports that HillCollegePress will launch the book "They Were There," written by Larue HarperBarnes on March 3, 2007 in Hillsboro, Texas.