Blackwell Finalizes Acquisition Of BMJ Books
- Rightslink: One-Shop Stopping. B. B. // Information Today;Dec2006, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p49
The article discusses the decision of BMJ Publishing Group Ltd. to choose Rightlink to streamline its permissions process. BMJ Publishing has recently become the fifth major scientific, technical, and medical publisher to choose Rightslink, joining Springer, Oxford University Press, Nature...
- Fla. firm buys five Adams magazines. Bullard, Stan // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/20/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 34, p3
Reports the acquisition of trade magazines from Adam Business Media by Nelson Publishing Inc., a trade publishing firm in Sarasota, Florida. Names of the acquired periodicals; Purpose of purchasing the magazine publications; Impact of the buyout on the employees and business operations of the...
- BMJ boosts activities in China. // Research Information;Dec/Jan2008, Issue 33, p6
The article reports on the move of BMJ Group to open a sales office in Beijing to capitalise on the growing opportunities for medical publishing in China. It states that the group has also signed a three-year agreement with the Peking University Medical Press to publish a printed version of "BMJ...
- Subscription Page. // Applied Economic Perspectives & Policy;Jun2014, Vol. 36 Issue 2, pNP
The article offers information about the subscription to the journal "Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy." Full prepayment in the correct currency is needed for all orders. Payment need to be in U.S. dollars for orders being delivered to the U.S. Canada. Euros for orders being delivered...
- Magazines set to test automatic renewals. Donaton, Scott // Advertising Age;1/7/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the decision of several magazine publishers to implement the concept of automatic subscription renewals as of January 1991. Reason behind the move; Magazines that will participate in testing automatic renewals; Explanation on the concept of automatic subscription renewals.
- Time's new baby. Donaton, Scott // Advertising Age;10/14/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 44, p62
Reports on an agreement reached by Time Publishing Ventures subsidiary of Time Warner to acquire Parenting Unlimited, a publisher of baby magazines. Executives of Parenting Unlimited that will remain with the magazine after the acquisition; Background on Parenting Unlimited; Competition for...
- Chancy excess gives way to caution. Toth, Debora // Advertising Age;10/8/1990, Vol. 61 Issue 42, pS-8
Focuses on the reduction of marginal subscribers among publishers in the U.S. Key factors behind the move; Decline in the circulation rate of 'Psychology Today'; Comments from executive Steven Florio on 'The New Yorker' publication.
- Opinion Polling Practices of Chain and Independent Papers. Demers, David Pearce // Journalism Quarterly;Summer88, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p500
Presents the impact of acquisition of independently-owned newspapers by chains on journalism performance. Complaints of critics on the inferiority of editorial performance; Mixture of empirical support for the concentration of ownership hypothesis; Differences between chain-owned and...
- What is Going On in the B-to-B M&A Market? Klein, Jeffrey S. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Jun2005, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p28
Discusses developments in the business-to-business publishing mergers and acquisitions (M&A) market in the U.S. Examples of M&A deals and offerings as of June 2005; Explanations for increased M&A activity; Factors to consider when discussing and considering M&A.