A Check-List for Banker Interviews
- Rule Financial Announces Revenue Growth and New Hires. Wang, Wicy // Global Custodian News;2013, p105
Rule Financial, a business and IT consultancy for investment banks, has announced global expansion and the recruitment of further banking specialists and technical experts in addition to a revenue growth of 25%.
- W.R. Hambrecht nabs top DLJ tech banker as president. Wipperfurth, Heike // Investment Dealers' Digest;02/01/99, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p4
Reports that Ian Zwicker has been appointed president of W.R. Hambrect & Co., a start-up online investment bank. Career history; Duties of the position; Concerns on whether online brokers should offer should offer risky venture capital deals in addition to equity deals over the Internet.
- Market's rise stokes hire hopes. Elstein, Aaron // Crain's New York Business;9/15/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p1
After slashing jobs for three painful years, Wall Street is starting to hire again, as of September 15, 2003. Investment banking firms added a total of 9,400 employees in June 2003 and July 2003. Wall Street firms are hiring again in hopes that this year's market gains, like the 40% jump in the...
- Barclays Hires 3 More for U.S. Push. // American Banker;4/10/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 69, p20
Reports on the three managing directors that Barclays Capital has hired as part of a two-year expansion plan in the United States. What Robert McKillip will be in charge of; Position that Alok Singh will hold; Number of traders that Barclays hired in March 2001.
- UBS Hires a Top CS Investment Banker. // American Banker;11/22/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 225, p20
Reports on the appointment of Kenneth Moelis as managing director and co-head of investment banking for the Americas by UBS Warburg. Moelis's previous position at Credit Suisse First Boston; The lack of a firm start date.
- Innovation in Services: CORPORATE CULTURE AND INVESTMENT BANKING. Lyons, Richard K.; Chatman, Jennifer A.; Joyce, Caneel K. // California Management Review;Fall2007, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p174
The article discusses service innovation in the investment banking industry. Service industry innovations differ from innovations in industries that produce physical products because they rarely have intellectual property and patent protections. However, investment banking services are typically...
- Popular Inc. Hires Ramirez Bankers for Chicago, Texas. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/12/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32048, p1
The reports that Puerto Rico-based Popular Inc.'s brokerage arm, Popular Securities Inc., has hired five municipal bankers from Samuel A. Ramirez & Co. Inc. to step up its efforts in establishing an investment banking presence in Illinois and Texas. Leading the group to Popular is Maria Saldana,...
- Musical chairs atop equity capital markets groups. Garrity, Brian // Investment Dealers' Digest;06/07/99, Vol. 65 Issue 23, p8
Reports on career movements among top executives in New York City's equity capital markets departments between January 1998 and June 1999. Reshuffle of Jim Miller and David DiPietro in the wake of the merger between Bankers Trust Corp. and Deutsche Bank AG; Turnover in the investment banking...
- Illinois companies' investment bankers. // Crain's Chicago Business;12/28/98Lists, Vol. 21 Issue 52, p77
Presents a chart on companies' investment bankers in the Chicago, Illinois area, ranked in terms of number of professionals. Includes names of banks; Addresses; Chief investment bankers; Number of banking professionals; Mergers and acquisitions handled; Total employees; Includes Merrill Lynch...