Investors: Changes in Store, Thanks to Economy and Rising Rates
- Low-Coupons at Risk As Interest Rates Rise. Tax Costs Loom. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;4/21/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31867, p1
Focuses on the impact of rebound in interest rates with federal tax rule for several municipal bonds issued at par or at a discount. Increase in tax-exempt bond yields; Percentage of increase in yield on 30-year triple-A general obligation bonds; Tax implications for issued bonds with low cuopons.
- Munis, Treasuries, and Stocks All Fall as Investors Eye 'Event Risk'. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;6/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31404, p2
Reports the effect of the decline of Treasury bonds on municipal bonds in the U.S. Demand for moderate supply; Losses in the broad equity gauges; Possibility of increase in interest rate.
- Primary Market Back to Business After Rates Held Again. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;10/29/2015, p1
Municipal bond traders are excited to get back to work with a good amount of influx hitting the market, after a dead day Wednesday when everyone was awaiting the Fed's rate decision.
- Market Close: Muni Yields Drop As Treasuries Stabilize. Bonello, Maria; Flynn, Hillary // Bond Buyer;4/7/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34088, p1
The article reports that municipal bond yields has dropped with the stabilization of government securities in the U.S, securities market as of April 7, 2014. Topics discussed include the impact of an unemployment report on the market performance, the increase in nonfarm payrolls and information...
- Market Post: Muni Fund Flows Flip Back To Positive. Bonello, Maria; Flynn, Hillary // Bond Buyer;4/14/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34091, p1
The article discusses the municipal bond market conditions for the week ending April 10, 2014. Topics discussed include positive municipal bond fund flow in the market, seasonal tax time pressure and the federal government's plan to raise interest rates. It also discusses municipal bond yields,...
- Long Treasuries Offer Income Plus Safety. Korn, Donald Jay // Financial-planning.com;4/2/2015, p1
Despite fears of rising interest rates, long-term Treasury bonds are worth considering.
- Muni Fund Inflows Hit 7-Week High. Flynn, Hillary // Bond Buyer;4/14/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34091, p1
The article discusses the municipal bond market conditions for the week ending April 10, 2014. Topics discussed include high municipal bond fund flow in the market, seasonal tax time pressure and the federal government's plan to raise interest rates. It also discusses municipal bond yields,...
- Munis Finish Firmer by 1 or 2 Basis Points. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/17/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32797, p2
The article reports on the developments pertaining to the U.S. municipal market for January 16, 2008. Tax-exempt yields were reported to be lower by one or two basis points during the day. The Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board has also reported that the trades have showed some gains. The...
- Monday's Data. // Bondbuyer.com;10/6/2014, p1
GovernmentSecurities Prices 10-year: 99 18/32 to yield 2.42, up 5/3230-year: 99 30/32 to yield 3.13, up 3/32 Municipal BondIndex 124 19/32, up 2/32 The Bond Buyer's30-Day VisibleSupply (as of 10/07) Total: $8.691 billion, down $61.7 millionCompetitive: $2.551 billion, down $20.5...