IRS Taps Rhode Island Agency Chief for Advisory Panel
- Rhode Island Agency Gets OK for $50M Pooled GO Deal for Schools. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;4/16/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32608, p3
The article reports on the approval of $50 million general obligation pooled-bond issue for public schools, by the Rhode Island Health and Educational Building Corp's board of directors. According to executive director Robert E. Donovan, six communities and two regional school districts will be...
- Rhode Island Hospital Issuing $25M of LOC-Backed Debt. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;12/16/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31782, p4
Using a letter of credit to back the sale, Memorial Hospital is selling $25 million of fixed-rate revenue bonds today through the Rhode Island Health and Educational Building Corp. The sale will combine new money with $7.25 million of refunding bonds. Fleet National Bank is the letter of credit...
- S&P Upgrades North Providence, R.I. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;12/5/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34023, p1
The article informs that North Providence, Rhode Island ratings based on general obligation debt has been raised to A from BBB-plus by the rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp. It mentions that the agency on December 4, 2013 rated Rhode Island Health and Educational Building Corp.'s Series 2013...
- Woonsocket, R.I., Upgraded to B2 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;6/8/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34321, p1
Moody's Investors Service said it has upgraded the city of Woonsocket, R.I.'s general obligation bond underlying rating to B2 from B3, affecting $155.2 million of outstanding debt, including GO-secured debt issued through the Rhode Island Health and Education Building Corporation (RIHEBC).
- Moody's Affirms Rhode Island at Aa2, Improves Outlook to Stable. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;10/7/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34190, p1
Moody's Investors Service late Monday revised its outlook on Rhode Island to stable from negative and affirmed its Aa2 general obligation rating.
- New England Institute of Technology, R.I., Downgraded to A-Minus by S&P. // Bond Buyer;4/9/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34289, p1
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said it lowered its long-term rating to A-minus from A on Rhode Island Health and Educational Building Corp.'s series 2010A higher education facility revenue bonds issued for New England Institute of Technology (NEIT).
- IRS Conducts 6700 Audit of Muni Issuer. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/12/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31511, p1
Reports that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service has conducted an audit of a governmental issuer of municipal bonds as of November 12, 2002. Allegations against the governmental issuer in connection with an alleged abusive bond transaction; Description of the tax laws regarding blind pool financing.
- Texas Utility District Cites Audit. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;7/20/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33352, p5
The article reports on the 5.2 million U.S. dollars of revenue bonds the Cinco Municipal Utility District No. 1 near Houston, Texas has issued in 2002 to reimburse the construction costs for several water supply projects and the notice received by the MUD from the Internal Revenue Service...
- Muni bond issuers are in for an enforcement shock. Lemov, Penelope // Governing;Jul97, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p64
Reports that the Internal Revenue Service is actively auditing tax-exempt municipal bonds in the United States. Comments from Marcus Owens, the director of the Exempt Organizations Division; Reasons for the audit of the bonds.