Illinois Authority Approves Deals, Including Upscale Elder Care Center
- Buyers Snap Up Unrated CCRC Deal, Long Island's Second. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;11/22/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31023, p7
Reports on Long Island, New York's plan to issue bonds for the construction of continuing-care retirement communities. Structure of the bonds; Growth of affluent senior population.
- Fitch Charts Poor Profitability for Continuing Care Sector. Daulerio, A.J. // Bond Buyer;7/19/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31431, p33
Reports the decreasing bond sales of the continuing care retirement communities in the U.S. Ratings for the excess margin median; Increase of the liability insurance medium; Result of wage inflation.
- Iowa CCRC Selling $14 Million Of Triple-B-Minus Rated Bonds. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;09/11/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30972, p15
Reports on the plan of Iowa's first continuing-care retirement community to sell bonds. Structure of the bonds; Rating of the bonds; Use of the proceeds in the Ridgecrest Village Project.
- No-nonsense structure gives Louisiana CCRC deal a healthy edge. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;11/15/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30768, p28
Reports on a bond package to help revamp St. James Place, a Baton Rouge, Louisiana continuing care retirement center. Series A revenue and refunding bonds; Sale of bonds in three series; Financing team.
- Pennsylvania CCRC Issuance Drops Nearly 97% Since 1999. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;11/1/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32001, p1
Reports on the reduction in the amount of debt sold for the continuing care providers in Pennsylvania. Total amount of bonds that were sold over several issues; Comparison on the number of bond issues between year 1999 and 2004; Causal factors for the decline in bond issuance.
- MISSOURI: CCRC Falls to BBB-Minus. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/13/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33397, p9
The article reports on the move of the ratings agency Fitch Ratings Ltd. to drop the bond rating of a revenue bond for the continuing care retirement community (CCRC) John Knox Village to BBB-minus in Missouri.
- Fitch: CCRCs Face More Downgrades Than Upgrades. Funk, Lynne // Bond Buyer;4/1/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33090, p21
The article reports that continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs) in the U.S. are experiencing more rating declines than upgrades in 2009. The reasons behind are the limited access to capital, slower unit re-occupancy because of falling real estate values and largely reduced liquidity due...
- Replacement of Aging Public Hospitals Requires a Major Commitment to Debt. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/13/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32815, p5
The article reports on the effort of the Texas government to secure funds for the replacement of the old Dallas County Hospital District. It plans to issue general obligation (GO) bond of $512 million, to be voted by the public. Hospital managers consider to finance a multimillion-dollar project...
- Bond insurance hasn't met needs of assisted-living sector. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;05/11/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30390, p28
Reports on the minimal penetration of bond insurance into financings of assisted-living and continuing-care retirement center units (CCRC) in the Northeastern region of the United States. Improvement of the credit qualify of such facilities as their occupancies rise; State of competition within...