- Muni Council Plans Central Post Office. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/3/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31733, p1
Reports on the plans of the Muni Council to develop a central post office disclosure facility in Washington. Need for issuers to file secondary market disclosure documents; Improvement of secondary market disclosure; Elimination of filing inconsistencies.
- Credit calendar. // Bond Buyer;2/8/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31321, p33
Presents a chronology of events scheduled for February 11-15, 2002 related to U.S. securities industry. Auction of four-week bills by Treasury Department; Announcement of January business inventory figures by the Commerce Department; Release of producer price figures by the Labor Department.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;4/21/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31867, p33
Presents charts depicting securities industry in the U.S. as of April 2004.
- DTCC, Latin American Depositories Set May Agenda. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;04/03/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 14, p20
Announces the holding of the Americas Central Securities Depositories Association's (ACSDA) first general meeting in New York City on May 8, 2000. Meeting's aim of determining the legal structure of the trade group and to discuss harmonization of regulations, market practices and...
- Securities industry regulators must act together. // Asian Business Review;May95, p52
Reports on the need for securities industry and regulators in to work together internationally. Comment by Malaysian Securities Commission chairman Datuk Dr Mohamed Munir Abdul Majid; Implications of derivatives losses in Malaysia and Barings Bank; Need to regulate excessive speculation.
- The securities industry and the New York-New Jersey region. Cantor, Richard // Economic Policy Review (19320426);Feb97, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p83
Presents a study on the securities industry in the New York-New Jersey region. Recent developments in the region; Industry's importance in the region; Trends in the securities industry.
- Statements to the Congress. // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Jul92, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p492
Presents a review of the evolution and current state of the general asset-backed securities market by Richard Spillenkothen and Donald H. Wilson, both of the Federal Reserve. They say that the securitization process as it has evolved to-date has been beneficial to both the originators of...
- Insider Trading, Costly Monitoring, and Managerial Incentives. Hu, Jie; Noe, Thomas H. // Working Paper Series (Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta);May97, Vol. 1997 Issue 2, p1
Presents information that securities trading by corporate offices has become regulated capital market transactions. Reasons for this; What the effects leads to; How insider trading can costly for shareholders; What managers do when monitoring and effort costs are low; References available.
- SYSTEMS & SERVICES UPDATE. Clary, Isabelle; Saiter, Laura; Sandman, John; Schroeder, Mary // Securities Industry News;2/17/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p18
Presents information about system and services update related to the U.S. securities industry as of February 17, 2003. Service launched by the International Securities Exchange; Introduction of Misys Securities' Java-based FIX adaptor; Market data service being offered by Nasdaq.
- Out takes. // Investment Dealers' Digest;08/04/97, Vol. 63 Issue 31, p4
Presents developments in the securities industry worldwide for the week ending August 4, 1997. J.P. Morgan's acquisition of a 45 percent stake in American Century Cos.; Promotion of Richard Huber to president and chief executive officer of Aetna Inc.; Oppenheimer & Co.'s agreement to distribute...