Jobless Claims Drop 9,000 to 353,000
- Initial Jobless Claims Up 14,000 to 344,000 in Week Ended April 26. // Bond Buyer;5/2/2014, Vol. 123 Issue F317, p1
The article reports increase in initial unemployment claims in the U.S. by 14,000 making it 344,000 and six percent increase in unadjusted claims as of April 26, 2014, and mentions that the U.S. Labor Department revealed no special factors for the increase.
- Initial Jobless Claims Dip 1,000 to 298,000 in Week Ended Aug. 23. // Bond Buyer;8/29/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F333, p1
The article focuses on a report by the U.S. Department of Labor which shows that initial claims for U.S. state unemployment benefits dipped by 1,000 to 298,000 on August 23, 2014. It informs that the further expectations in this month claims a level of 300,000, an increase of 2,000 from the...
- Initial Jobless Claims Fall 3,000 to 294,000 in Week Ended Dec. 6. // Bond Buyer;12/12/2014, Issue F347, p1
Initial claims for U.S. state unemployment benefits fell by 3,000 to 294,000 in the December 6 week, below expectations, the Labor Department reported Thursday.
- Jobless Clams Down 37,000 to 335,000. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;10/8/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31986, p2
Reports on the decline in the number of first-time applications for state unemployment benefits in the week ended October 2, 2004, according to the data released by the U.S. Department of Labor. Insignificance of the applications figure compared to claims predicted by IFR BondData America's poll...
- Jobless Claims Gain 40,000 to 349,000. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;7/16/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31927, p2
Reports on the increase in first-time applications for state unemployment benefits in the United States in July 2004, according to the Department of Labor.
- Jobless Claims Dip 10,000 To 450,000 in Aug. 9 Week. // Bond Buyer;8/15/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32941, p2
The article reports on the decline of initial claims for state unemployment benefits in the August 9, 2008 week, according to the Labor Department in the U.S. According to a Labor Department analyst, it is not possible to determine whether the impact has reached a plateau. The seasonal...
- Jobless Claims Up 5,000 To 309,000 in Week. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;3/17/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32341, p2
The article reports on the rise of first-time applications for state unemployment benefits in the week ended March 11, 2006, according to the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Jobless Claims Rise 5,000 to 322,000. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;5/5/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32375, p2
The article focuses on the report released by the Department of Labor pertaining to the increasing unemployment insurance claims in the week ended April 29, 2006 in the U.S. It provides information on the number of unemployment claims for the week and explains on its implications to the labor...
- US Jobless Claims -12,000 to 350,000 in October 19 Week. // Bond Buyer;10/25/2013, Vol. 122 Issue F342, p1
The article reports on the fall of initial claims for U.S. state unemployment benefits to 12,000 from 350,000 in the October 19, 2013 week, as reported by the U.S. Labor Department. A Labor Department analyst has stated that California is still experiencing a high number of claims due to a...