Down, down and away
- Right to Right, in the Pattern. Bernacchi, Ryan // Approach: The Naval Safety Center's Aviation Magazine;Oct2000, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p20
Focuses on the problems encountered by Air Force pilot in landing the aircraft in the United States. Efforts of the pilot to manuever the landing; Importance of communication between pilot and air traffic controller; Lessons learned by the pilot.
- Who Controls What? // Flying Safety;Aug2004, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p26
Presents a Hazardous Air Traffic Report on a miscommunication between a U.S. Air Force student pilot and an airport traffic controller regarding runways jurisdiction.
- Excel as the Ultimate Team Player. // Men's Health;Apr2012, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p117
The article offers information on the communication skills of soldiers. It states that as the U.S. soldiers are fighting on the border of Afghanistan, where 460 combat controllers of the U.S. Air Force on the grounds in Afghanistan are certified air traffic controllers, who operate...
- Fast-roping. // Airman;Jun2004, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p49
Presents a photograph of a pararescueman from the 64th Expeditionary Rescue Squadron fast-ropes an HH-60G Pave Hawk while deployed to Balad Air Base in Iraq.
- Follow Me. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Oct2009, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p32
A photograph of a U.S. Air Force soldier, Staff Sergeant Kealvin Barnett of the 403rd Security forces Squadron at Keesler Air Force Base, Mississippi during a combat physical training exercise is presented.
- The Tough Job. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Dec2004, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p4
Focuses on the job responsibilities of Lieutenant General John Bradley of the U.S. Air Force Reserve. Career history; Air Force Reservists in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Water Workout. Kunz, Christine L. // Airman;Apr2004, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p18
Features the importance of kayaking for U.S. Air Force airmen. Exploration of inaccessible waterways Opportunities for families with children to enjoy recreation and exercise together;significance of kayaking as the perfect form of outdoor recreation for many military people. INSET: Equipment...
- Wear of ABU Approved for Commercial Travel. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Jun2008, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p17
The article reports on the expansion of existing uniform regulations for Airmen. Leaders of the U.S. Air Force have authorized Airmen to wear the airman battle uniform, battle dress uniform and desert camouflage uniform while traveling commercially. Commanders are given the authority to be more...
- Air Combat Command. Makinano, JoAnn S. // Airman;Jan2004, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p6
Presents an organizational profile of the Air Combat Command division of the U.S. Air Force. Commander and Command Chief Master Sgt.; Mission and responsibilities; Members; Flying hours; Organizational structure.