The Other Italy
- BRAVO Zulu. // Approach: The Naval Safety Center's Aviation Magazine;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p18
Photographs of several U.S. Air Force including Second Lieutenant Kyle B. Carnahan, Lieutenant Timothy Shilling and First Lieutenant Joshua P. Romeo are presented.
- THE INSTRUMENT REFRESHER COURSE: WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW. Jones, Kevin // Flying Safety;Jun97, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p29
Discusses the prerequisite for students in accomplishing Instrument Refresher Course in the United States Air Force.
- USAF To Deploy New AEF Model. McCullough, Amy // Airforce Magazine;Feb2014, Issue 2, p20
The article reports on the deployment of U.S. Air Force's airmen on the new access control enforcement facility (AEF) model effective October 1, 2014.
- CSAF approves test to help keep pilots for 20 years. // Airman;Dec98, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p16
Describes the Phoenix Aviator 20 program of the United States Air Force which aims to help pilot retirees transfer to commercial airlines. Eligibility rules; Total benefits; Flying assignment for retirees during the last two years of their careers.
- Fighting the War from 'Home'. Furry, Angela // Airman;Jul99, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p2
Reports on the lives of several United States Air Force airmen at Aviano Air Base in Italy, which is the launching pad for air strikes against Yugoslavia in 1999. 510th Fighter Squadron F-16 pilot Major Robert Dooley; 31st Security Forces Squadron Senior Airman Jerome Mack; Mission support...
- Air Force's pressing mission: Keep more pilots on board. Bowers, Faye // Christian Science Monitor;9/19/97, Vol. 89 Issue 207, p3
Examines how the United States Air Force is trying to retain more of its highly trained pilots in 1997. Comments from General Richard Hawley, commander of Air Combat Command; Percentage of Air Force pilots accepting the reenlistment bonus they are offered; The lure of the commercial aviation...
- Corrective Lens Use and Refractive Error Among United States Air Force Aircrew. Wright, Steve T.; Ivan, Douglas J.; Clark, Patrick J.; Gooch, John M.; Thompson, William // Military Medicine;Mar2010, Vol. 175 Issue 3, p197
Corrective lens use by military aviators is an important consideration in the design of head-mounted equipment. The United States Air Force (USAF) has periodically monitored lens use by aviators: however, it has been over a decade since the last study. We provide an update on the prevalence of...
- A Hero Lost. // Time;8/19/1966, Vol. 88 Issue 8, p29
The article profiles U.S. Air Force Major James Kasler who has become the most famous pilot over North Viet Nam and has been admired for his loyalty to his partners in times of difficulties. It accounts the event which has put Kasler into the dangers of the war and to his eventual capture by the...
- T-3A problems spur pilot training review. Scott, William B. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/7/1998, Vol. 149 Issue 10, p184
Reports that United States Air Force is soliciting ideas for improving the quality of undergraduate pilot and navigator training. The possibility of a contractor taking over the flight-screening program until the Slingsby T-3A Firefly trainer is returned to service; The USAF training...