- Olympic Trail Trials. Greely, Jim // Airman;Sep2000, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p30
Provides information on the World Class Athlete Program of the United States Air Force. Advantages of the program; How the Program helps airmen who dreams to represent the country in the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney, New South Wales; Source of the program's funds.
- Fun times at Flamingo Park. Couse-Baker, Robert // Airman;Nov2002, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p19
Recounts the first field trip hosted by the U.S. Airmen and Marines for foster children at the Flamingo Park in Bishkek-Manas, Krygyzstan.
- Seminole Time. Anderson, Kelli // Sports Illustrated;12/13/2010, Vol. 113 Issue 22, p34
The article focuses on college basketball player Bernard James, a forward for the Florida State University team. James' unusual background as a player is discussed, in which he did not play basketball in high school but took up the sport when serving in the U.S. Air Force, which he did for six...
- Major races through Naples assignment. Roberts, Chuck // Airman;Apr2004, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p12
Presents the experiences of Matt Belmonte, operations officer at Allied Forces Southern Europe on racing with a local Italian cycling club in Naples, Italy. Importance of the cycling gear of Belmonte; Worry of his wife about him standing out as an American during his weekend jaunts; Focus on...
- Annual Hangar Dance announced. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);10/11/2006, Vol. 134 Issue 41, p12A
The article reports that the Annual Hangar Dance and Dinner will be held at Burnet airport on October 28, 2006. The event is being organized by the Highland lakes Squadron of the Commemorative Air Force. The event titled "Let Freedom Swing" includes a dance contest, auction and dinner....
- Paying Dividends. Joyner, Bo // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Apr2013, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p27
The article discusses the efforts of U.S. Air Force Reserve Command (AFRC) to focus more attention on overall airman fitness, balanced lifestyles and resilience. AFRC is studying the effect of its efforts on Citizen Airman and their family members with one key indicator as calendar year 2012...
- Air Force Addresses Lower Fitness Levels. J. S. // Fitness Business Pro;Apr2006, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p16
The article reports on the released statistics showing the performance of the U.S. Air Force Reserve Command (AFRC) in the new fitness program which has faltered. In 2003, 76 percent of unit reservists took the AFRC fitness test where most of them passed their assessments with 98.9 percent...
- 'Survey says' airmen compete during 'Family Feud' TV show. Dillier, Matthew // Airman;Apr2004, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p10
Focuses on the efforts of five U.S. Air Force airmen as they competed against troops from other military services on the game show "Family Feud." Way to showcase the Air Force; Role of television and movies in the perception of the military by Americans; Success of the military shows.
- March Airmen participate in special 'Price is Right' show. Welz, Linda // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Oct2009, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p14
The article reports on the participation of the U.S. Air Force Airmen from all branches of the military to the episode of the television show "The Price is Right," hosted Drew Carey. It notes the 21 Airmen from various military departments including 452nd Air Mobility Wing, 163rd Air Refueling...