Know your history
- Company Policies: The Rules of the Game. Green, Ken // Business Credit;Sep2004, Vol. 106 Issue 8, p34
Reports on the clear manifestation of company policy as one of the most important approaches to manage deduction resolution and chargeback recovery. Deductions taken constantly by customers; Conflict of policies; Participants of policy development.
- Invoice Finance: Filling an important gap. Thakrar, Subhash V. // Credit Management;Sep2003, p30
Focuses on factoring or invoice finance. Comparison with traditional financing method, such as an overdraft; Comparison between recourse and non-recourse factoring; Exclusion of debtors; Credit control; Credit limit; Risk in the financial status of the factor; Reduction in security.
- A lighthearted look at credit management. Dennis, Michael C. // Business Credit;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 96 Issue 7, p16
Makes observations concerning credit management. Assessment of credit managers' performance based on number of debt write-offs; Decision to withdraw or reduce open-account credit; Debtor's concern over threat of being placed for collection; Evaluation of character of a potential client.
- Easy credit can undo hard-won gains. Silverman, Michael A. // American Banker;3/29/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 60, p22
Provides tips for the enhancement of the lender-borrower relationship. Challenges for the lender to provide the customer with advice on the troubles and gains of expansion in a growth economy; Team management in events of downsizing and expansion; Marketplace; Break-even-point management;...
- So how much are your sales really worth? Kennard, Allan Russell // Credit Control;1999, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p9
Offers pieces of advice on credit management. How creditors sometimes cause debtors' slow payment; Explanation for the devaluation of debt; How a credit department can contribute to a company's competitive advantage.
- Keeping Creditors at Bay. Hickins, Michael // Management Review;Oct98, Vol. 87 Issue 9, p8
Focuses on the significance of proactive behavior with creditors in managing credit problems. Comments from David Gurwitz, senior vice president at Granite Group; Practice of some companies to creditors with outstanding interest; How to make easy settlement.
- Debt in Dollars. Roberts, Alan // Scholastic Choices;Feb/Mar2008, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p28
The article reports on the inefficiency of borrowing money or having financial debt. According to the author, constant borrowing of money is said to be stressful in the borrower's part because there is a possibility that such debt can pile up. The author takes the example from a credit card to...
- Financing your business: What entrepreneurs should know. Heinen, C. D. // Fort Worth Business Press;12/12/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 48, p36
Deals with business financing. Sources of financing; Components of a credit decision; Key to building a long-term relationship with banks.
- The Optimal Replenishment Policy under Trade Credit Financing with Ramp Type Demand and Demand Dependent Production Rate. Juanjuan Qin; Weihua Liu // Discrete Dynamics in Nature & Society;2014, p1
This paper investigates the optimal replenishment policy for the retailer with the ramp type demand and demand dependent production rate involving the trade credit financing, which is not reported in the literatures. First, the two inventory models are developed under the above situation....