PMEL troops play game of 'precision'
- A Means for Funding. Starr, James E. // Officer;Jun2007, Vol. 83 Issue 5, p20
The article discusses the National Guard and Reserve Equipment Report (NGER) for fiscal year 2008 which focuses on the equipment needs for all of the Reserve Components. The report's Air Force section describes a force with many requirements for systems or equipment to enhance the mission...
- Secretary Cohen, Deputy Secretary Hamre publish Defense Reform Update 1999. Dickey, Connie E. // Program Manager;May/Jun99, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p72
Presents a May 18, 1999, press release from the Air Force News Service, dealing with the Joint Direct Attack Munitions program of the United States Air Force. Linchpin of the Air Force's drive to acquire systems faster and cheaper; Lightning Bolt streamlined acquisition reforms.
- Signs of erosion in US military readiness. Landay, Jonathan S.; Moniz, David // Christian Science Monitor;9/16/98, Vol. 90 Issue 205, p1
Claims that the United States military's long-term ability to defend itself is under threat. Need for funding and personnel; Comments from Air Force General Hal Hornburg; Concerns of combat preparedness; Decline in the number of Air Force planes in condition to fly missions; Pilots quitting for...
- Digital engineering keeps U.S. Air Force flying. Kincaid, Edwin; Mraz, Stephen J. // Machine Design;01/13/2000, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p168
Focuses on the importance of digital engineering and product data management (PDM) systems for the repair and maintenance of the United States Air Force's 1950 planes that are still operational as of January 2000. Role of the Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center in plane repairs; Benefits of PDM;...
- Safety in Air Force Materiel Command. Yates, Ronald W. // Flying Safety;Feb95, Vol. 51 Issue 2, preceding p1
Focuses on the United States Air Force Materiel Command's efforts to promote safety of Air Force equipment and supplies. Integrated product development; Prevention of accidents; Elimination of defects of systems.
- Laser keeps F-16S targeted over Bosnia. // Machine Design;4/4/96, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p27
Looks at the Sure Strike targeting system used by the United States Airforce's F-16 pilots developed by Lockheed-Martin and the Aeronautical Systems Center. Features of the system.
- 21st-century strike fighter. // Machine Design;4/4/96, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p27
Presents a caption of how the strike fighter aircraft of the future will look. Who developed the model; Features of the plane.
- NAME GAME. Parmalee, Patricia J. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/14/2001, Vol. 154 Issue 20, p19
Reports the false identification of the YF-113G aircraft of the United States Air Force. Secrecy over the development of the plane; Misconception of the plane as a MIG-23.
- The `Stuck Throttle' panel mishap. // Flying Safety;Sep95, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p27
Looks at an incident in which the throttle stuck on a trainer jet. Details of ordeal; Pilot's handling of the ordeal.