Running with the Pack
- Weather Man. Roberts, Chuck // Airman;Apr2004, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p42
Profiles U.S. Air Force senior airman Jason Conner, a weather specialist at Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico. Combination of computer technology, experience and common sense to predict the weather; Influence of a pilot on the ultimate decision to cancel a sortie; Calmness and confidence of...
- AVIANO 2000 IN FULL THROTTLE. Roberts, Chuck // Airman;Apr2004, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p32
Looks into the impact of Aviano 2000 expansion program on U.S. Air Force airmen at Aviano Air Base in Italy. Harmony of the style and architecture of the new buildings with the local Italian culture; Plan of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization to relocate the fighter wing; Increase of the...
- IRAQ'S CROSSROADS. Tudor, Jason // Airman;Fall2005, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p4
No abstract available.
- Paradise on the Plains. McKenna, Paul // Airman;Dec99, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p26
Describes the experiences of United States Air Force airmen at the Grand Forks Air Base in North Dakota. Remarks from airman Jason McKim; Opinion on the values of the people in the local communities; Suggestion from Master Sergeant Ron Rodriguez to the airmen's spouses.
- AWACS unit reaches major milestone. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Jun99, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p18
Announces the attainment of operational capability status of the 513th Air Control Group at Tinker Air Force Base in Oklahoma. Readiness to take on an expanded role in national defense; Unit reservists' flying and maintenance of E-3 Sentry aircraft.
- FINAL FRAME. // Airman;Apr2003, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p49
Presents a photograph depicting the activities of the Air Force workers from the 819th and 219th Expeditionary Rapid Engineering Deployable Repair Squadron Engineers units in a Southwest Asia base. Construction of a transportational building; Development of structures fro the 379th Air...
- Returning to Rigor. Wright, Ken // Airman;Mar1999, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p44
Discusses the need to have a tougher basic training in the United States Air Force. Creation of a field training experience named `Scorpion's Nest' by the 737th Training Group at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas; Instilling warfighting experience in basic trainees; Tactics to learn.
- JOINT TRAINING. HUBENTHAL, STAFF SGT. CHRIS // Airman;Dec2012, p1
The article focuses on the training of U.S. military personnel in Green Flag exercises at Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada. It states that the Green Flag-West 13-2 provided combat training to military personnel which enabled the Airmen to train in air-land integration combat exercises. In addition,...
- WET N' WILD AT FAIRCHILD. Wagers, Scott // Airman;Fall2005, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p36
No abstract available.