Another School Suit?
- Fla. Judge Grants Class Status To Suit Challenging School
Quality. Reid, Karla Scoon // Education Week;7/28/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p4
A lawsuit arguing that the Pinellas County, Florida, school district fails to provide a high-quality education to black students has been granted class-action status. The suit, filed in state court in 2000, charges that the 113,000-student district, which includes St. Petersburg, is obligated...
- California District Sues To Change Aid Formula. // Education Week;2/11/1987, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p3
The article reports on the case filed by the Garden Unified School District against the state of California in an attempt to convince the state to alter its policy in distributing special aid to school districts. The lawyers representing the district allege that the funding mechanism adopted by...
- Low-Wealth Districts Sue Montana; Claim Financial Inequities. Chion-Kenney, Linda // Education Week;5/1/1985, Vol. 4 Issue 32, p1
The article reports on the lawsuit filed by taxpayers and thirty-nine Montana school districts against the state over charges of inadequate and inequitable system of financing public education. The plaintiffs allege that the legislature has set districts' budget authority at inadequate levels....
- California Court Weighs School-Safety Provision. Jennings, Lisa // Education Week;5/31/1989, Vol. 8 Issue 36, p10
The article reports that lawyers for the Oakland, California school district argued that California's unique constitutional amendment guaranteeing a safe school environment does not explicitly state that districts can be held liable for any act of violence against a student on campus. In a...
- OREGON: Ex-teacher sues school district. // Gay & Lesbian Times;7/10/2008, Issue 1072, p33
The article reports on the lawsuit filed against a school district in Oregon from a former music, drama and language arts teacher.
- Eatonville (Wash.) district sued over school bus wreck that injured student. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;1/27/2012, p5
The article reports on a lawsuit filed by the mother of a boy hit by an school bus in Eatonville, Washington against the school district and the bus driver, alleging their negligence which resulted in her son's injuries.
- Agreement reached in church, school lawsuit. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);9/17/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 36, p1
The article reports that Prairie Valley Baptist Church has reached an agreement with Whitney Independent School District in Texas in a court case for holding its Christian Worldview Ministry at the school.
- KANSAS: School Funding Suit Filed. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/9/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33413, p9
The article reports on the move of a coalition of school districts to file a suit to overturn portions of the state's funding formula for public education in Kansas.
- School District Settles Dispute over Bible Club. // Bible Study Magazine;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p6
The article reports on the settlement of a lawsuit filed against Lindenhurst School District for prohibiting students to form a Bible club at school in Long Island, New York.