Gilt-Edged Scottsdale Readies $188M, But Puts Off Refunding
- Imlay City Increase. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/14/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31862, p33
Focuses on the improvement of rating on the limited tax general obligation debt for Imlay City, Michigan to BBB from BBB-minus according to Standard & Poor's Corp.
- Manchester, N.H., GOs Downgraded to AA by Fitch. // Bondbuyer.com;11/17/2014, p1
Fitch Ratings said it has downgraded Manchester, N.H.'s $122.5 million general obligation bonds to AA from AA-plus and $58.8 million school facilities revenue bonds to AA-minus from AA.
- Rating the Body Politic. Petersen, John E. // Governing;Jan2003, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p58
Discusses the relationship between municipal bond ratings and the quality of governance or political risk of an issuer. Examination conducted by bond rating agencies regarding defaulted municipal bonds; Set backs in the rating agencies' analysis of defaults; Effect of political risks on the...
- Morrison GOs Up By Three. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/5/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33161, p8
The article reports on the move of credit ratings and finance company Standard & Poor's Corp. to upgrade the general obligation (GO) debt of Morrison County, Minnesota from A to AA. It states that the upgrade was due to Standard & Poor's recognition of the county's stable financial operations,...
- A-Plus for Seekonk. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;7/25/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32181, p35
Reports that Standard & Poor's has upgraded Seekonk, Massachusetts to A-plus from A, citing the town's improving finances and management.
- S&P Raises Anchorage Outlook to Positive. // Bond Buyer;3/15/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32090, p2
Reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has revised its outlook to from stable to positive and affirmed its AA minus rating on Anchorage, Alaska's general obligation bonds.
- Standard & Poor's Upgrades Providence to A From A-Minus. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;3/15/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32090, p4
Reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has upgraded the bond ratings of Providence, Rhode Island to A from A-minus. Basis of the upgrade; Increase in the ratings on Providence Public Building Authority's outstanding lease revenue bonds; Improvement in the finances of the city.
- Texas Towns Net S&P Credit Upgrades. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;6/24/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32905, p4
The article reports on the upgrade of credit ratings for towns in Texas, from Standard and Poor's as of June 2008, as they prepare to bring general obligation debt to market. The agency has raised the ratings of numerous municipalities and its ratio of upgrades has exceeded the number of...
- Meriden, Conn., GOs Raised to A3 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;7/24/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32429, p2
The article reports on Moody's Investors Service's assignment of an A3 rating to Meriden, Connecticut's 20 million dollar of general obligation bonds, a MIG 1 rating to the city's 17 million dollar general obligation bond anticipation notes. The company also upgraded the city's long-term rating...