Little Market Impact Expected From Kerry's Proposal to End Subsidies
- Kerry says spending cuts hurt innovation. Bolton, Alexander // Hill;3/9/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 31, p16
The article reports on the warn of Senator John Kerry on spending cuts could eliminate future government attainments in the U.S. in 2011.
- War and Politics. Barnes, James A. // National Journal;7/6/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 27, p2016
Profiles U.S. Senator John F. Kerry (D-Mass.). His political career; Discussion of his experiences in the Vietnam War; Relations with fellow legislators; Possible participation of Kerry in the 2004 U.S. presidential campaign.
- Capital Briefs. // Human Events;4/12/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 13, p4
Presents news briefs related to the U.S. government as of April 2004. Call of the U.S. House of Representatives for U.S. President George W. Bush to veto the six-year highway bill; Defiance of twelve Republican legislators to party leadership citing failure to get government spending under...
- Kerry Proposes Bidding for Student Loans. Heller, Michele // American Banker;4/15/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 72, p20
U.S. Senator John Kerry, the Democratic presidential hopeful from Massachusetts, has proposed scaling back government subsidies for student loans. The Kerry campaign said in a press release Wednesday that it wants to introduce market forces by requiring banks to bid on loan contracts. The...
- Kerry, Specter Offer Bill to Provide Up to $8 Billion for High-Speed Rail. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;11/24/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33010, p5
The article reports on a bill introduced by U.S. Senators John Kerry and Arlen Specter that would provide up to $8 billion of private-activity bonds for high-speed rail projects, as well as create a new category of tax-credit bonds to further encourage rail development. According to Kerry, the...
- Kerry Bill Offers Iraq-Level Money to States, Localities. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;11/12/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31760, p4
Reports on a bill introduced by Senator John Kerry that would provide financing to help build Iraq. Upgrade of transportation systems and other infrastructure; Provisions of the bill.
- Keny Pushes Infrastructure Bank With Up to $20B Over Two Years. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;3/16/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33483, p5
The article reports on the revelation of legislation by Senator John Kerry for a national infrastructure bank that is capable of financing up to 10 billion dollars of projects in the U.S.
- Capital Briefs. // Human Events;7/19/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 24, p2
Presents an update on issues related to politicians in the U.S. as of July 2004. Challenges posed by presidential candidate John Kerry; Proposal made by Representative-Oklahoma Ernest Istook for a back-up plan to the Federal Marriage Amendment; Plan of conservative House members to propose an...
- Sens. Kerry, Smith to Push $15 Billion Private-Activity Hike. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;1/30/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32805, p5
The article reports on the amendment filed by Senators John Kerry and Gordon Smith to the panel's economic stimulus package that proposed $15 billion private-activity bond hike in the U.S. Kerry and Smith cite that the proposed panel's economic stimulus package allows the state and the domestic...