American Expatriates Abroad: From Neophytes to Cosmopolitans
- FIRST-CLASS COACH. Kennett, Miranda // Management Today;Nov2004, p96
The article focuses on expert advise on professional matters related to part-time jobs. Those who wish to embark on MBA or other respected further education are usually successful in persuading their firms to allow them time off, and may even receive financial sponsorship. Presumably, there is...
- CAREER ADVICE. Naimpally, Shiv // Siliconindia;Sep2001, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p80
Presents advice on readers' inquiries about career choices and management. Feasibility of continuing one's studies while seeking a job; Exploration of opportunities in accountancy.
- Career planning: A systems development approach. Wagner, Gerald E.; Duncan, Doris // Information Executive;Feb2000, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p7
Discusses the use the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to create a career plan. SDLC as a systematic and orderly approach to solving business problems, and developing and supporting resulting information systems; Scientific management; Systems planning and analysis; Systems design and support.
- PAGE FOUR... Cook, Michael H. // Training & Development Journal;Jul81, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p4
Presents comments from Mac McCullough and Mike Cook on career development and professional development. Relationships between career development and professional development; Elements of career growth and change.
- Career Planning: Coming In From the Cold. Zenger, John H. // Training & Development Journal;Jul81, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p47
Focuses on career planning. Factors that support career-planning activities; Major problems in career planning; Boss-subordinate discussion on career management; Peripheral nature of career planning; Shift of focus from teaching content and information to a strong emphasis on skill building.
- Got the job blues? Loeb, Marshall // Business News New Jersey;10/12/98, Vol. 11 Issue 36, p17
Offers advice on how to jump-start a stalled career. Involvement in community or business projects; Addition of new responsibilities to one's job description; Lateral career moves.
- Constructivist career counselling and assessment. Vance Peavy, R. // Guidance & Counseling;Spring96, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p8
Discusses issues in career development concepts and outlines main features of career counseling from a constructivist perspective. Overview of assessment procedures in career counseling; Interpretations of reality; Use of real life experience and activity; Perspectives on worklife in the 21st...
- JobStar is a treasure trove of salary surveys. Kennedy, Joyce Lain // San Diego Business Journal;04/05/99, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p37
Responds to inquiries concerning career development. Search for a good salary information on the Web for nontechnical and technical jobs; Education and skills needed to get into electronic commerce as a manager.
- You're the CEO of Me Inc. James, Victoria // Direct;5/15/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p45
Presents some tips for intelligent career planning. Importance of continuing education to career development; Need to assess work and career goals; News about the company that should be considered.