- Small Pumps Pack a Big Punch. Cavette, Chris // Wildfire;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p34
The article describes lightweight portable pumps that are suitable for fire departments' use. The Darley 2BE, Hale Fyr-Flote and the Waterous Floto-Pumps are three of the highest-flowrate pumps. The Wildfire Mark 3 pump is suitable for wildland firefighting. The Wick 250 has a versatile...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Jan2008, Vol. 161 Issue 1, p208
The article reports on equipment which is being used by various fire departments. A pumper which is used by the fire department in Alsip, Illinois is discussed, as is a pumper which was designed by the fire department in Concord Township, Indiana. Rescue boats which have been purchased by the...
- Pressure Governor. // Fire Chief;Jan2006, Vol. 50 Issue 1, Special section p10
The article focuses on the PumpBoss from Fire Research Corp. It is the first pressure governor to use the feel of a throttle control in its design instead of using membrane and push buttons. The design consists of a light emitting diode (LED) display for engine RMP and three bi-color LED bar...
- Beyond Brush Trucks. Cavette, Chris // Fire Chief;Apr2006, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p88
The article describes key features found on the enhanced versions of grown-up interface pumpers used in fighting wildfires. The chassis, cab, pump, tank, foam, hose, monitors, ladders, lighting, support and global positioning systems of the pumpers are described. The interface pumpers have short...
- The right mix. WILMOTH, JANET // Fire Chief;Jun2013 Focus on Fire Apparatus, p3
In this article, the author discusses the development of new fire apparatus including mega-pumpers, multi-purpose ambulances, and urban pumpers with fire suppression that meet the demand of fire department, following the end of the global financial crises.
- DARLEY UNVEILS NEW PRODUCTS. // Fire Engineering;Apr2015, Vol. 168 Issue 4, Special section p3
The article evaluates several products from the Darley including the Porpoise floating pumps, the 2BE18VX Base Model portable pump, and the Smart Start wireless remote portable pump control.
- Apparatus Upgrades: Refurbishment of New? Peters, William C. // Fire Engineering;Jun2004 Supplement, Vol. 157, p49
Presents a guideline in refurbishing the apparatus for fire extinction. Levels of refurbishment; Caution in checking different parts of the apparatus; Considerations on whether a device needs an upgrade.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Oct2006, Vol. 159 Issue 10, p151
The article evaluates several fire engines from various fire departments in the U.S. including the Smeal pumper from Fire District 8 in Laramie County, Wyoming, Ferrara pumper designed by the Fire Rescue Department in Gila Bend, Arizona and the American Lafrance pumper from Richmond Engine 1 in...
- Industrial-Strength Equipment for Industrial-Strength Operations. SHELLEY, CRAIG H. // Fire Engineering;Feb2011, Vol. 164 Issue 2, p101
In the article the author discusses firefighting equipment used for industrial-strength fire services. He says that when dealing with larger scale fires, fire departments should have deck guns that can allow the maximum capacity flow coming from the pumper. He cites that portable around-the-pump...