- TIPS FOR DONNING MASKS, HOODS, AND HELMETS. Gustin, Bill // Fire Engineering;Jun2001, Vol. 154 Issue 6, p59
Offers tips to firefighters on the proper way of wearing of masks, hoods and helmets. Methods of fastening helmets; Selection of firefighting gloves; Alternatives to neck straps.
- IS YOUR SCBA WORKING PROPERLY? Sawka, Bill // Fire Engineering;Apr2002, Vol. 155 Issue 4, p150
Focuses on the proper use and maintenance of the SCBA fire fighting equipment in the U.S. Examinations and tests conducted on the SCBA; Risk-minimizing ability of the equipment; Regulations of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration concerning the equipment.
- PRODUCTS/SERVICES/MEDIA. // Fire Engineering;Jun2002, Vol. 155 Issue 6, p103
Features several firefighting equipment and supplies. Portability of the decontamination shower from FSI North America; Protection dependability of glow in the dark rescue/demotion reciprocating saw badges from Bosch Power Tools; Key features of Janesveille deluxe high back pant from Lion Apparel.
- SCBA/ PROTECTIVE CLOTHING & EQUIPMENT. // Fire Chief;May2003 Supplement, Vol. 47, p8
Features several protective clothing and equipment for use in fire fighting and fire prevention in the U.S. in 2003. Key features and specifications; Key applications in firefighting and fire prevention; Manufacturer information.
- HAZMAT EQUIPMENT. // Fire Chief;May2003 Supplement, Vol. 47, p9
Features several equipment for use in handling hazardous materials in the U.S. in 2003. Key features and specifications; Key applications in firefighting and fire prevention; Manufacturer information.
- Fire service SCBA. // Professional Safety;Jul98, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p40
Presents information on the `Magnum 300 SCBA' unit from International Safety Instruments, developed for fire service professionals. Features of this product; Contact information available.
- Fire fighting boosters set standard in Europe. // Engineers Journal;Sep2008, Vol. 62 Issue 7, p410
This article provides information on the GEN Series of fire-fighting booster sets manufactured by Lowara.
- Evaluating CAFS with Confidence. ROBERTS, GEARY // Fire Engineering;May2009, Vol. 162 Issue 5, p111
The article evaluates Compressed Air Foam Systems from Waterous Worldwide.
- PRODUCTS/SERVICES/MEDIA. // Fire Engineering;Jun2009, Vol. 162 Issue 6, p118
The article evaluates several products for fire extinction operations, including the Eclipse thermal imaging camera from Bullard, the Onesuit Pro chemical protective suit from Saint-Gobain and the Black Hornet Fireboot from Thorogood.