- Staffing Grant Apps Open. // Fire Chief;Jun2005, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p13
The article reports that the U.S. Fire Administration will accept online applications from May 31 to June 28, 2005 for the Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response (SAFER) grants under the Assistance to Firefighters Program. SAFER will provide five-year grants with a maximum federal...
- Some 5,200 departments awarded 2003 Assistance to Firefighter Grants. // Fire Engineering;Dec2003, Vol. 156 Issue 12, p48
Reports that thousands of fire departments received cash assistance from the 2003 Assistance to Firefighter Grants program of the U.S. Fire Administration. Contact information.
- DHS Sets Application Periods for Grants. // Fire Chief;Apr2005, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p16
Reports on the start of application for the 2005 Assistance to Firefighters grants by the U.S. Fire Administration. Deadline of the application; Terms and conditions for the application; Objectives of the 2005 grant programs.
- 2005 Report on Firefighter Fatalities. Thill, Judy // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p47
The article discusses the report published by the U.S. Fire Administration on firefighter fatalities in the U.S. The reports states that 115 firefighters died while on duty. 71 volunteer firefighter fatalities were from local or municipal volunteer fire departments and 10 were members of...
- Assistance to Firefighters Grant awards exceed $100 million. // Fire Engineering;Sep2003, Vol. 156 Issue 9, p54
Reports on the federal grants given to fire departments for assisting firefighters in the U.S. List of award recipients; Number of departments that received the grant program.
- FIRE Grants, USFA Face Cuts in FY 06. // Fire Chief;Sep2005, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p9
Reports budget cuts for Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program and the U.S. Fire Administration for fiscal year 2006. Passage by the Senate of the 2006 Homeland Security Appropriations bill; Fire service benefits; Suggestion to establish a political officer in every fire department.
- Some FIRE Act grant program applications under federal scrutiny. // Fire Engineering;May2004, Vol. 157 Issue 5, p56
Reports that the federal government is investigating some applications filed for grants under the Fiscal Year 2002 and 2003 Firefighters Investment and Response Enhancement Act Grant Program in the United States. Procedures used to file grant applications for some fire departments; Management of...
- Congress passes the SAFER Act. // Fire Engineering;Jan2004, Vol. 157 Issue 1, p50
Reports on the approval of Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Resources Act by the U.S. Congress. Establishment of an office within the U.S. Fire Administration to administer the grant program; Federal contribution for firefighters; Grants for enhancing the number of volunteer firefighters.
- Protecting the homeland-- and the virtue of first responders. PADDOCK, MICHAEL // HS Today;Jun2009, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p9
The article deals with the 2009 Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program (AFGP) developed by the U.S. Fire Administration (USFA). The agency has clarified and reiterated the guidance under different Office of Management and Budget circulars that explain how federal grant funds may be utilized by...