FESS UP, STEP UP
- Character does count. Huckabee, Mike // World & I;Jun98, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p62
Focuses on the significance of character in the society. How character make a difference; Imparting values to children.
- Chapter Thirty One: The Troubles of a Dawdler. Reed, Talbot Baines // Parkhurst Boys: & Other Stories of School Life;1/ 1/1905, p144
Chapter 31 of the book "Parkhurst Boys and Other Stories of School Life" is presented. It presents a story about a dawdler and a schoolboy as well. It demonstrates the troubles of having a characteristic of a dawdler. The characteristics affects the studies, interpersonal relations and the...
- THE SUM OF ALL TRAITS. Pessemier, Bob // Fire Chief;Aug2003, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p72
Discusses the development of people skills for fire fighters. Basic model of job performance; Categories of attitudes; Dimensions and types of behavioral style; Types of competencies.
- What Does It Take to Be a Firefighter? // Scholastic News -- Edition 2;Oct2006, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p3
The article enumerates the qualities that a person must possess in order to become a fire fighter.
- Counseling: Listen, Don't Judge. Marinucci, Richard // Fire Engineering;Aug2007, Vol. 160 Issue 8, p26
This article discusses the personal relationships that develop among officers within a fire station, how co-workers and subordinates often share their trials and tribulations, and how this level of trust illustrates the close bond within the profession. The author suggests that with problems of...
- Chapter 2: THE ROOTS OF CHARACTER. // Men They Will Become;1999, p20
Chapter 2 of the book The Men They Will Become is presented. It attempts to put forth a framework for understanding the relationships between adults and the boys they care for and for understanding how those relationships provide a foundation for the development of boys' character. If a parent...
- SEDUCE HER WITH SMARTS. Zimmerman, Mike // Men's Health;Nov2007, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p140
The article proposes two steps for successful seduction. According to Garner, men who want to connect with a woman should have a familiarity with gynocentric artists. He adds that men should not worry about their hairline or big ears because women gravitate toward features that give a man...
- MISSING. Carrillo, Karen Juanita // New York Amsterdam News;9/20/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 38, p1
Reports the disappearance of Black American firefighters after the collapse of the World Trade Center twin towers in New York, New York in September 11, 2001. Number of rescue personnel responding to the disaster; Calls from families and coworkers of fallen firefighters; Counselling for...
- Burning Personalities. Antonellis Jr., Paul J. // Fire Chief;Feb2006, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p72
The article describes the traits of effective firefighters. Firefighters tend to tinker with equipment. They always look for the best way to perform a job. They work and live in a team environment and they prefer helping others in need. They also tend not to be quitters. They are emotionally...