IAFC: Funding, Staffing Top List of Priorities
- Hand-on help. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief;Jan2003, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p6
Editorial. Looks on the need for fire chiefs to use corporate strategies to keep fire departments financially stable and compliant with the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration. Leadership of fire chiefs; Importance of smart decisions to the safety of firefighters; Training of...
- Keep the change. CLEMMENSEN, HANK C. // Fire Chief;Jun2013, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p22
In this article, the author discusses what he has learnt from his experiences while traveling the U.S. as a representative of the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) and its members. He mentions that from his experiences he found that fire service is changing and so fire departments...
- Co-Responding in the United Kingdom. Young, Paul // Fire Engineering;Jun2007, Vol. 160 Issue 6, p30
This article discusses co-responders, fire and rescue service in the U.K., and the similarities and differences from the same services in the U.S. Each fire and rescue service in the U.K. is a function of local government with the chief fire officer as the executive head of the service....
- With new technology, get with the program or get left behind. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief Expert Blog;5/30/2013, p2
The article focuses on fire departments embracing new technologies, which according to John Buckman of the International Association of Fire Chiefs is already part of human's lives so there is a great need for fire departments to use such technologies.
- IAFC, NFPA encourage fire departments to participate in energy-consumption survey. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;6/19/2013, p1
The article offers information on the nationwide Commercial Buildings Energy Consumption Survey (CBECS) and the involvement of the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) in encouraging fire departments to take part in the survey.
- Key Challenges Facing Fire Departments. // Fire Engineering;Apr2006, Vol. 159 Issue 4, Special section p7
The article reports on the findings of the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) about the challenges and problems faced by the fire departments in the U.S. for 2006. Results revealed that staffing and budget problems remained the most common issues among fire departments....
- IAFC releases report on departments' public image. // Fire Engineering;Jul2013, Vol. 166 Issue 7, p44
The article discusses the 2013 report â€œTaking Responsibility for a Positive Public Perception,â€by the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) Fire and Emergency Service Image Task Force, which looked at measures to improve the public image of fire departments.
- Gillespie elected IAFC president and board chairman. // Fire Engineering;Nov2011, Vol. 164 Issue 11, p26
The article reports on the election of Al H. Gillespie, chief of the North Las Vegas (LV) Fire Department in Nevada, as president and chairman of the board of the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) for the 2011 to 2012 term.
- CALENDAR. // Fire Chief;Mar2004, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p16
The article presents information on various meetings and events about fire services. The International Association of Fire Chiefs is holding a conference: Fire Rescue Med, from April 26-28, 2004 in Las Vegas. Fire Department Instructors Conference will be organized from April 26 to May 1, 2004...