- A TALE OF TWO STANDARDS. Manning, Bill // Fire Engineering;Oct2000, Vol. 153 Issue 10, p4
Separate career and volunteer fire response standards in the U.S. will become a reality with the 2001 versions of National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1710, Standard for the Organization and Deployment of Fire Suppression Operations, Emergency Medical Operations, and Special Operations to...
- Helping Our Own organization announces new program. // Fire Engineering;Mar2001, Vol. 154 Issue 3, p54
Reports that the firefighters' organization Helping Our Own has launched its Habitat for Fire Departments program in the United States. Financial assistance to fire departments offered by the organization through the program; Other programs of the organization.
- Fire or money? // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);10/12/2011, Vol. 109 Issue 27, p3A
In this article, the author comments on the needfor urgent service of fire departments in Texas fire incidents within the area.
- Preparing small departments for the big fire. Fetrow, Jack // Fire Engineering;Feb98, Vol. 151 Issue 2, p8
Provides information on how small fire departments in United States prepare for big fires. Activities comprising preplanning for fire service; Author's experience in a fire service; How the author organized the command of firemen and conduct a firefight; Details on various investigations...
- MANAGING EMS AT SPECIAL EVENTS. Lewis, John C. // Fire Engineering;Feb2003, Vol. 156 Issue 2, p81
Presents ways in managing events related to fire management by EMS providers in the U.S. Definition of a public events; Types of events and nonprofit-sponsored activities; Determination of planning meetings for events by fire departments.
- Miami-Dade Fire Rescue initiates national Hepatitis C program. // Fire Engineering;Jul2000, Vol. 153 Issue 7, p41
Reports on the program for determining the prevalence of hepatitis C virus among fire fighters, paramedics and emergency medical technicians in Florida formed by the Miami-Dade Fire Rescue Department in Florida and the Hep-C ALERT non-profit organization. Objectives of the scientific study.
- IAFC launches the "Ready, Set, Go" proqram nationwide. // Minnesota Fire Chief;May/Jun2011, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p11
The article discusses the highlights of a 2011 board meeting held by Great Lakes Division (GLD) in conjunction with the Congressional Fire Service Institute (CFSI) in Washington, D.C. Board members considered a proposal to hire an Executive Director for the Division. They also tackled having a...
- 'Managing a Modernised Fire Service'. // Management Services;Jun2001, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p4
Highlights the launch of the HM Fire Service Inspectorate 'Managing a Modernized Fire Service' Scoping Study at London Fire Brigade Training Centre in London, England on May 1, 2001. Keynote speakers; Topics discussed.
- KCDA Selects Online Purchasing to Cut Costs, Increase Efficiency and Improve Productivity. Ricketts, Ron // T H E Journal;Aug2002, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p52
Reports the selection of the Spize IT Business-to-Business eCatalog System, an electronic commerce system by the King County Directors' Association (KCDA) in an effort to cut costs. History of KCDA; Features of the system; Benefits of the online electronic catalog system of KCDA.