N.Y.'s Astoria Energy Forgoes Liberty Financing, for Now
- Lawyers vs. Power Plant. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/3/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31875, p39
Reports on the opposition of the New York City Bar Association to a plan to sell Liberty bonds for Astoria Energy LLC, which is building a power plant. Issuance of a release that urge Governor George Pataki and Mayor Michael Bloomberg to reconsider plans to sell the bonds for the project;...
- N.Y.C.'s Astoria Energy to Sell $700M In Notes While Awaiting Liberty Bonds. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31845, p3
Reports on the plan of Astoria Energy to sell around 700 million dollars in taxable, variable-rate revenue notes.
- Pataki Aide: Power Plant's Future Hinges on Liberty Bonds. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/15/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31781, p40
Announces the approval made by the Liberty Development Corp. (LDC) of New York to sell tax-exempt Liberty bonds for Astoria Energy LLC, a subsidiary of SCS Energy LLC. Purpose of the Liberty bond sale; View of Charles Gargano, George E. Pataki's commissioner of economic development and chairman...
- Public Power Plans. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/22/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32344, p35
The article reports on the Omaha Public Power District's plan to issue 200 million dollar of debt as part of a larger financing for an additional power station in Nebraska. The sale as approved by the board of directors and is expected to come to market in May 2006. It is a part of a larger...
- Missouri City Loses $515M Power Vote. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/5/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31941, p1
Reports on the turnout of bond elections in Missouri. Observation of a great number of voters to vote on debated issues in the state; Defeat of the bonds for a power plant; Rejection of the voters on the plan of the City Utilities of Springfield to pay the bonds for the coal-fired power plant.
- Peach State Power Play. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/19/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31452, p1
Reports the decision of the Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia to sell revenue bonds. Inclusion of the fixed rate bonds in the sale; Importance of the proceeds in the power plant projects; View of investors on the sale.
- South Carolina Agency to Issue $325M for Santee Cooper Plant. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/28/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31459, p1
Reports the plan of the South Carolina Public Service Authority to sell revenue refunding bonds to finance the Santee Cooper power plant in South Carolina. Details on the mode of the bond; Influence of the market condition on the amount of the deal; Information on the financial adviser.
- The Push for More Power. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;1/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31311, p1
Reports on the construction of a gas-fired power plant on the site of a decommissioned generating facility, by the Sacraments Municipal Utility District in California which will be financed by revenue bonds. Estimated cost of the power plant; Purpose of building the plant; Reason for the...
- Utah City faces electric bond default due to defective Rolls-Royce turbine. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;02/18/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30581, p5
Reports that Hildale City, Utah, may default on the electric revenue bonds in early 2000 because the electric generating turbines bought with the bond proceeds do not work. Threat of insurers to terminate coverage of the facility; Joint ownership of the plant; Negotiation with Rolls Royce.