N.Y.'s Astoria Energy Forgoes Liberty Financing, for Now
- Lawyers vs. Power Plant. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/3/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31875, p39
Reports on the opposition of the New York City Bar Association to a plan to sell Liberty bonds for Astoria Energy LLC, which is building a power plant. Issuance of a release that urge Governor George Pataki and Mayor Michael Bloomberg to reconsider plans to sell the bonds for the project;...
- N.Y.C.'s Astoria Energy to Sell $700M In Notes While Awaiting Liberty Bonds. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31845, p3
Reports on the plan of Astoria Energy to sell around 700 million dollars in taxable, variable-rate revenue notes.
- Pataki Aide: Power Plant's Future Hinges on Liberty Bonds. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/15/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31781, p40
Announces the approval made by the Liberty Development Corp. (LDC) of New York to sell tax-exempt Liberty bonds for Astoria Energy LLC, a subsidiary of SCS Energy LLC. Purpose of the Liberty bond sale; View of Charles Gargano, George E. Pataki's commissioner of economic development and chairman...
- Public Power Plans. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/22/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32344, p35
The article reports on the Omaha Public Power District's plan to issue 200 million dollar of debt as part of a larger financing for an additional power station in Nebraska. The sale as approved by the board of directors and is expected to come to market in May 2006. It is a part of a larger...
- Missouri City Loses $515M Power Vote. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/5/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31941, p1
Reports on the turnout of bond elections in Missouri. Observation of a great number of voters to vote on debated issues in the state; Defeat of the bonds for a power plant; Rejection of the voters on the plan of the City Utilities of Springfield to pay the bonds for the coal-fired power plant.
- South Carolina Agency to Issue $325M for Santee Cooper Plant. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/28/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31459, p1
Reports the plan of the South Carolina Public Service Authority to sell revenue refunding bonds to finance the Santee Cooper power plant in South Carolina. Details on the mode of the bond; Influence of the market condition on the amount of the deal; Information on the financial adviser.
- Solar Panel Bond Proposal Picking Up Steam in San Francisco. Finestone., Deborah // Bond Buyer;03/20/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31100, p32
Reports on a proposed bond measure to install solar panels in San Francisco, California. Power needs of the city; Structure of the bonds; Advantages of solar power.
- California Power Agency Readies First Three Offerings. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;4/30/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31376, p44
Reports the bond financing plans of California Consumer Power and Conservation Financing Authority. Approval of the agreement to construct and operate power plant; Issuance of tax-exempt industrial development bonds; Plan to re-market the bonds.
- Peach State Power Play. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/19/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31452, p1
Reports the decision of the Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia to sell revenue bonds. Inclusion of the fixed rate bonds in the sale; Importance of the proceeds in the power plant projects; View of investors on the sale.