- County: State should delay 33 change. DeWitt, David // Athens News;2/28/2013, p3
The article informs that city commissioners of Athens County have sent a letter to the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) on closing of an intersection of two roads the U.S. Route 33 and Johnson road located in the area and also discusses the concerns of business owners related to closure.
- Transportation Bond Act seen vital to Stewart/Drury Lane project. Duvoli, John // Hudson Valley Business Journal;11/06/2000-11/13/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 18, p9
Discusses the significance of the New York State Transportation Bond Act for the construction of the I-84/Drury Lane interchange and the future of Stewart New York International Airport in New Windsor. State voters' role in deciding the issues; Possible cancellation of the memorandum of...
- ARKANSAS ENCORE. Dunn, Jill // Overdrive;Nov2000, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p44
Focuses on a proposal to overhaul bad stretches of Intersection 40 in Arkansas. Size of potholes; Arkansas voters' approval of a bond issue for road repairs; Rise of Pennsylvania in road quality; Results of eleventh annual highway survey of 'Overdrive' magazine; Selection of Florida as state...
- Westminster wavers on transport masterplan. Olcayto, Rory // Building Design;12/7/2007, Issue 1799, p5
The article focuses on the Westminster City Coucil's report regarding the Victoria Transport Interchange project by architects including KPF, Wilkinson Eyre and Allies & Morrison. The report reveals serious concerns about the massing, height and scale of eight buildings, among which are two...
- Improving access to finance for smalland medium-sized enterprises in the road sector: the CrossRoads Guarantee Fund in Uganda. CORNISH, KEITH; MUGOVA, ALEX // Enterprise Development & Microfinance;Jun2014, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p135
Credit guarantee funds are a tried-and-tested instrument to improve access to finance. Thispaper aims to share experience from the CrossRoads Guarantee Fund in Uganda. The Fundwas established in 2012 as one of the interventions under the CrossRoads Programmefunded by the Department for...
- Elastic Fantastic. Welch, Jack // Louisville Magazine;Oct2002, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p11
Focuses on the elasticity of the crosswalks at the intersection of Third Street and Muhammad Ali Boulevard in Louisville, Kentucky. Description of the road; Factors contributing the condition of the area; Plans of the city to remedy the road.
- Taking the high road. Strauss, Kip // Planning;Oct97, Vol. 63 Issue 10, p9
Focuses on the major investment study (MIS) conducted by the Missouri Department of Transportation (DOT) for the Kansas City area. Consultant firms involved in the study; Transportation or road problems facing the city; Potential strategies for handling transportation problems; Evaluation of...
- New I-94 interchange could spur development. Stopa, Marsha // Crain's Detroit Business;5/1/95, Vol. 11 Issue 18, p34
Reports on the plan of construction of I-94 interchange at Vining Road, Detroit, Michigan for development of the northern end of Romulus. Information about the interchange; Federal grant approved for the construction; Utilities of the interchange.
- Residents should properly dispose of debris. Graham, Gary L. // St. Clair Journal;7/20/2011, Vol. 6 Issue 31, pA5
The author offers suggestions for residents in O'Fallon, Illinois on how to help keep their city looks beautiful and the streets and intersections safe.