Oklahoma Senate OKs Cigarette Tax for Cancer Research
- California considers an array of 'lifestyle' taxes. // National Petroleum News;Aug2002, Vol. 94 Issue 9, p7
Reports on developments relevant to lifestyle taxes in California compiled as of August 2002. Increase in the cigarette tax; Overview of the state's revenues from taxes; Implications for policies on taxation.
- Off the mark. // New Hampshire Business Review;9/12/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p4
The article reports that the lower of state revenues and fees in August 2008 forecast may result to increase cigarette tax in October in New Hampshire. It states that the state had been expected $111 million but only $101 million total revenue in August. Lawmakers have agreed to cancel a 26 cent...
- The old increase taxes gambit. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;01/03/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 23, p4
Comments on the proposal of the state of New York to double taxes on a pack of cigarettes and use the proceeds to pay for health care costs of smokers. Criticism of the use of taxes levied against alcohol, gasoline, toll payments and lotteries.
- South Dakota nixes, Mississippi raises cigarette taxes. // National Petroleum News;Mar2005, Vol. 97 Issue 3, p13
Presents updates on cigarette tax increase proposals in the states of South Dakota and Mississippi as of March 2005. South Dakota House Taxation Committee's rejection of a proposal to increase the state cigarette tax; Increase of cigarette taxes by the Mississippi House; Revenue plans.
- State's July revenues fall short of forecast. // New Hampshire Business Review;8/10/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p15
Presents information on the revenue of the state of New Hampshire as of July 2001. Impact of business taxes on the state revenue; Details on the state business enterprise tax and business profit tax; Details on the state tax on property transfers and cigarettes.
- Minnesota Department of Revenue: Notice of Availability of Contract to Develop a Tobacco Tax Collection Report. // Minnesota State Register;7/29/2013, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p161
The article presents a notice issued by the Minnesota Department of Revenue regarding the availability of contract for developing a collection report for both tobacco and cigarette tax.
- Filthy Habit. Lofstock, John // Convenience Store News;5/5/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p21
Under the guise of public safety, state politicians in the U.S. are becoming addicted to tobacco taxes. When Arizona sued cigarette makers in 1996, the state described the pernicious effects of smoking: &ldquo.Tobacco products are not only addictive, they are abnormally dangerous and unfit for...
- KÃ¼nftige Tabakpreise noch geheim. Gabriel von, Pilar // Lebensmittel Zeitung;11/22/2013, Issue 47, p1
The article discusses the increase of the tobacco tax in Germany starting January 2014. Information on the revenues of the tobacco industry of 2013 is presented as well as information on the German cigarette producer Reemtsma. Also included is information on an absolute smoking ban in North...
- Cigarette taxes and their proposed uses: support among smokers and non-smokers in different income groups in Texas. McAlister, A. L.; Howard, B. H. // Tobacco Control;Jun2005, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p213
The article reports on the new legislation related to cigarettes taxes in Texas. The Texas Legislature is considering new taxes, including a proposed $1 per pack tax on cigarettes. To gain insight into how Texans view new cigarette taxes, data from a statewide telephone survey of 6345 adults...