California Mulls $2B Taxable Sale To Give Bankrupt Utility a Jolt
- DWR's Big Refunding. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/3/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32230, p1
Reports on the plan of the California Department of Water Resources for a $2 billion refunding for some of the power supply revenue bonds issued in 2002 in the wake of the state's energy crisis. Use of interest rate swaps to create a synthetic fixed rate; Inclusion of a mix of insured and...
- Calif. DWR Deal Closer To Reality. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;4/24/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31372, p1
Reports the plans of the California Department of Water Resources to issue power bonds. Deadline for the filing of the legal review by the state Supreme Court; Views of Nathan Brostom, vice-president of J.P. Morgan Securities Corp. on the rulings; Contents of the rulings.
- Nearly $2B From Big California Issuers Leads $8.2B Calendar. Albano, Chrsitine // Bond Buyer;3/10/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32832, p6
The article reports on the risk that large issuers in various states in the U.S. will take in the primary market as part of the $8.2 billion in new-issue volume expected to begin. The risk is due to the ongoing turmoil in the auction-rate and credit sectors. Two of these deals such as the $1.025...
- Calif. Deals Propel More Muni Volume. Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;3/27/2015, p20
The article reports that the surge in municipal bond volume in 2015 is expected to continue, propelled by water and higher education deals from California. Topics discussed include information bonds that are scheduled for issuance, including the California Department of Water Resources' water...
- $10B Deal for J.P. Morgan. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;02/20/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31080, p1
Announces the selection of J.P. Morgan Securities Inc. as the book-running senior manager for a sale of a multibillion-dollar power purchase bonds to be offered through the California Department of Water Resources. Selection of several firms to work on the deal in varying capacities; Estimate...
- DWR Seeks $11.95 Billion Deal. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;8/13/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31448, p1
Reports the request of the Department of Water Resources to increase the amount of revenue bond issuance in California.
- California DWR Ups Deal to Nearly $12B Following PUC Nod. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;8/14/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31449, p48
Reports the marketing of revenue bonds by the Department of Water Resources in California. Increase of the financial reserves; Improvement of the credit rating; Decline of the insurance fees.
- Angelides Sets the Date. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;9/30/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31481, p1
Reports the sale of variable-rate power revenue bonds by the Department of Water Resources in California. Amount of the bonds; Schedule on the sale; Lead underwriter of the sale.
- PG&E Suit Puts Brakes On DWR Deal. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;10/22/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31496, p1
Reports on the delay of the orders for the bond sale of the California Department of Water Resources (DWR). Filing of lawsuit against DWR by the Pacific Gas & Electric Co.; Violation on the requirements for due process by DWR; Resolution on the delay by J.P. Morgan Securities Inc.