ABA Officials: Bond Trustees Usually Have Limited Duties
- Industry Unhappy About Imminent 100% Rise in Water Rates. // Caribbean Business;6/23/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 24, p36
Reports that Puerto Rico Aqueduct & Sewer Authority's (Prasa) plan to raise water rates by at least 100 percent by the end of 2005 would hurt the island's competitiveness. Bonds that will be issued by Prasa.
- U.S. trust files a petition to settle Doris Duke case... Fraser, Katharine // American Banker;4/11/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 69, p18
Reports that United States (US) Trust Corporation has filed a settlement petition in the New York Surrogate Court in order to become sole executor in the estate of tobacco billionaire Doris Duke. Content of settlement petition; Amount of money co-executor Bernard Lafferty will receive if he...
- Police board can't avoid class suit, court decides. // Advocate;3/3/71, Issue 54, p5
Reports on the appeal of the U.S. federal court that the Los Angeles Police Commission must be a defendant in a pending class action suit. Pattern existing in the city of police brutality and abuse against black gay people; Argument of American Civil Liberties Union chief counsel A.L. Wirin...
- Ruling Sparks Dispute Over Trustee Duty. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;6/5/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31650, p1
This article focuses on the plans of the U.S. Trust Co. to appeal a ruling by a Washington state judge that its lawyers claim could dramatically change the corporate trust business and force trustees, at increased costs to issuers, to conduct due diligence investigations of pending municipal...
- Sensing Scandal, St. Louis Sewer Pulls $500M Ballot Issue. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/12/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31591, p26
Reports that a board of St. Louis Sewer district has voted to defer the issue of bond authorization. Purpose of the district behind deferring the issue; Reorganization of the board; Statistics related to the issuance of bonds.
- Kentucky Sewer District Caps Off Swap With $191 Million Sale. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/25/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31622, p3
Reports that Louisville and Jefferson County Sewer District in Kentucky will sell $ 191 million of variable-rate demand bonds on 28 April 2003, concluding a swap transaction it entered into in November 2002. Structure of the deals; Use of the proceeds in refunding debt issued in 1993; Risks...
- Milwaukee and Its Sewer System Bringing $300 Million in Deals. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/21/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31207, p3
Focuses on a series of competitive bond deals that will be brought by Milwaukee, Wisconsin and its sewer district to market. Total value; Short-term operating notes; General obligation corporate purpose bonds.
- Hollister, Calif., Cut to BBB- by S & P. // Bond Buyer;12/22/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31786, p2
Reports on the declining sewer system revenue bonds of the Hollister Joint Powers Financing Authority in California.
- Louisville, Ky., sewer district readying $300 million wastewater deal. Reisman, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/04/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30739, p36
Focuses on the Louisville & Jefferson County, Kentucky, Sewer District's planned $300 million bond issue. Use of proceeds from the offering; Financial backing of the deal; Sewerage systems improvements supported by the bonds.