Equipment Leasing Group Blasts Senate's Retroactive SILO Tax Proposal
- The right direction. Pollok, Murray // International Rental News;Sep2009, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one on the expansion of Rental Solutions & Services (RSS) rental company in the Middle East, one on the growth trail of rental companies in India, and one concerning the interview of Quippo's managing director Philippe...
- Leasers sue Apeh over tax collection. Nashaat, Dan; Washio, Ako G. // Budapest Business Journal;1/28/2002, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p1
Reports the preparation of the Hungarian Leasing Association on filing a lawsuit against the National Tax Office (Apeh). Attempts of Apeh on enforcing retroactive payment of tourism tax on leasing companies; Efforts of the Leasing Association on preventing the tax implementation proposal of...
- Cases in brief. // Appraisal Journal;Oct95, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p490
Presents the ruling of the District Court of Appeals of Florida in `Mykos v. City of Sarasota'. Non-exemption from taxes of land leased by city for profit; Governmental-proprietary function under the lease; Arguments of the plaintiff on appeal.
- Advisers warn the cash-poor will be hit by mansion tax. Tolley, Steve // Money Marketing;3/8/2012, p9
The article reports that financial advisers have warned that the proposed mansion tax of the Liberal Democrats would affect those who are asset-rich but cash-poor and increase rental prices in Great Britain.
- 6.5 THE UK PROPERTY MARKET. Jukes, Eleanor // Investors' Guide to the United Kingdom;2011/2012, p358
The article presents an overview of the property market in Great Britain as of January 2011. It claims that the country's commercial real estate market is among the most established worldwide. Among the professions and organisations comprising the industry are real estate consultancy, surveyors,...
- Equipment lease and tax laws can increase savings in fourth quarter. Calogerakis, Paul // Hudson Valley Business Journal;11/15/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p7
The article informs that many small businesses rely on leasing equipment, everything from fax machines to fork-lifts, to conserve cash resources and reap significant tax benefits. The cash and tax savings can be even more substantial if realized during the fourth quarter. Acting quickly in the...
- The banks are coming, the banks are coming! // Railway Age;Jun2004, Vol. 205 Issue 6, p36
Provides information on tax and regulatory issues that impact the interest for tax-affected leasing at banks and other financial institutions. Reason behind the closure of cross-border tax leasing products industry; Kind of capital leasing involve in operating leasing of railcars and locomotives.
- Tax-efficient leasing -- more pitfalls than one! Holland, Michael // Accountancy;Jan1984, Vol. 95 Issue 1085, p47
Offers advice on plant leasing in Great Britain. Basic assumptions of most lease plans; Profits liable for British taxation; Special rules with regard to assets on successive short-term lease or hire; Provisions under the Finance Act 1980.
- Good PR pays off for 250 Hudson St. Agovino, Theresa // Crain's New York Business;9/13/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 37, p24
The article discusses the growth of public relations firm Edelman, which has leased about 168,000 square feet at 250 Hudson Street, Manhattan, New York city, New York.