Ambac Financial Reports 24% Increase in Net Income in First Quarter
- AMBAC TAKES $2.3 BILLION LOSS. // National Mortgage News;3/16/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 24, p15
The article reports on the financial statement of Ambac Financial Group Inc. in New York revealing a $2.34 billion net loss in the fourth quarter of 2008. It states that the loss was attributed to continuing actual loss experience on residential mortgage-backed securities it insured. The firm...
- Ambac, S&P Parent Companies Release Fourth Quarter Data. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;1/27/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32058, p6
Announces the increase in the fourth-quarter profits of Ambac Financial Group Inc. in the U.S. Earnings of the company in the quarter; Forecast of Robert Genader, company president and CEO, for a strong growth of the company; Decline in new business production in the public finance.
- Ambac Reports 8% Profit Increase in 4Q. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;1/26/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32306, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of Ambac Financial Group for the fourth quarter of 2005. The profits improved by eight percent from the same period in 2004 due to strong premium growth in its domestic municipal and structured finance businesses. The company has insured 11.16...
- Gains Boost Ambac's 2Q Results. // National Mortgage News;8/11/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 44, p14
The article reports on the financial performance of Ambac Financial Group Inc. in the U.S. in 2008. The company has reported a net income of $823.1 million during the second quarter under accounting rules. It claims that it would have taken a net loss for the period if several items were...
- Ambac Reports 5% Profit Drop. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;10/20/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32242, p1
Reports on the financial performance of U.S.-based municipal bond issuer Ambac Financial Group Inc. for the third quarter of 2005. Percentage decline in profits; Earning per diluted share; Total net par exposure to public finance debt.
- Ambac Financial Cites 15% Hike in 3Q Profits. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;10/21/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31994, p6
Announces the increase of the third-quarter profits of Ambac Financial Group in the U.S. Comparison of financial results earned for the quarter of this year and the same period in 2003; Forecast on the financial performance of the company in 2005; Increase of net premiums in the firm's market...
- Quarterly profit reports don't tell the whole story. Skarbeck, Ken // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/5/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 35, p30
The article analyzes the quarterly profit reports of companies. It explains why understanding a company's quarterly earnings report can be a challenge for investors. Critics believe that earnings report can contribute to a manipulation of accounting numbers. According to the article, quarterly...
- FINANCIAL STATEMENTS. // Journalism Educator;Summer87, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p51
Presents the financial performance of the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication for the year ended September 30, 1986. Examiniation of the balance sheet; Statement of revenue and expense; Statement of changes in financial position.
- VF Corp. Q2 Earnings Rise 11%. Tucker, Ross // DNR: Daily News Record;7/25/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 30, p17
Reports on the financial performance of VF Corp. in the second quarter of 2005. Increase in sales of the sportswear segment; Growth in sales of the Imagewear division; Increase in company earnings.