Dunlap Lures Ex-Official From Retirement to Head New Florida Office
- Differential Extent of Opportunity Among Executives and Lower Managers. O'Donovan, Thomas R. // Journal of the Academy of Management;Aug62, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p139
Presents a study which discussed the factors associated with career development and opportunities among executives and lower managers. Methodology and study groups; Limitations of the study; Results and discussion; Summary and implications.
- The co- worldly executive. Jennings, Eugene E. // Management Review;Nov71, Vol. 60 Issue 11, p46
Discusses key issues relevant to the career development of executives. Loyalty ethic; Factors behind the increased executive changeover in corporations; Policy implications on management.
- Are you prepared to move up? Wilson, Howard // Industrial Management;Mar69, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p13
Discusses ways an employee can move up in an organization. Shortage in good management and supervisory personnel; Value of knowing the technical and operational aspects of one's job; Importance of having a knowledge of business.
- Ones TO WATCH. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/1/2007, Vol. 54 Issue 24, p8B
The article presents career developments of several business executives in East End, Long Island, New York. Leonard Barton is the owner of Bravura Art and Objects in Southampton. Diane Figari is the director of operations of the Inn and Spa, a hotel and catering facility at East Wind, Wading...
- Who doesn't want to be a millionaire? // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Nov/Dec2001, Issue 28, p31
Reports the importance of administrative skills for career and personal development in Great Britain. Emphasis of the nature of Not-for-Profit sector; Introduction of prospective professionals for organizations; Ways of gaining job satisfaction.
- FOR THE RECORD. // Northern Ontario Business;Apr2005, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p16A
Reports career developments of executives in Northern Ontario.
- Great Expectations? What the future holds for young managers. // Management Services;Jan2003, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p6
The article describes the results of a survey conducted by the Chartered Management Institute on the values and beliefs that shape the working lives of 25 to 35 year old managers. The survey aimed to explore perceptions of Great Britain corporate culture, assess work patterns; level of job...
- MANAGEMENT in PRACTICE: News of Current Trends, Methods and Ideas. // Management Review;Nov72, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p33
Reports and comments on developments relevant to management in the U.S. as of November 1972. Career advancement opportunities for marketing and production executives; Tips on how to reduce premiums on property insurance policies; Impact of job-enrichment programs on middle managers.
- Professional development. // Operations Management (1755-1501);2011, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p44
The article offers information on developments related to the operations management sector which include seminars promoting continuing professional development (CPD) and short courses that promote an effective management leadership.