MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, April 21
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, February 23. // Bond Buyer;2/24/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32077, p2
The article presents statistical data on economic indicators. Some of the indicators are consumer price index, government securities prices, municipal bond index, and others.
- Modest Dip in Manufacturing Index Disappoints; Munis End Unchanged. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/2/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31961, p2
Reports on the status of bond index as of September 2, 2004 in the U.S. Decline in the municipal bonds; Decrease in the manufacturing index as reported by Institute for Supply Management; Percentage increase in construction spending.
- Borrowing May Return to D.C.'S School Modernization Plan. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/21/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32323, p4
The article reports on the opinion of analysts that the District of Columbia will have to issue bonds it if plans to proceed with the one-billion-dollar school modernization projects over a decade. This is after last week's revenue projections for city proved disappointing. The latest revenue...
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;11/9/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32007, p6
Presents graphs depicting swap rates of municipal bonds in the U.S. as of November 9, 2004.
- Detroit's Fiscal Health Depends on Speedy Trial: Attorneys. Devitt, Caitlin // Bondbuyer.com;9/20/2013, p22
The article discusses Detroit, Michigan lawyers' arguments about the city's need tor quick resolution of its Chapter 9 case since its fiscal recovery and its ability to secure financing depend on a prompt decision on whether the city will officially be granted bankruptcy protection. Topics...
- Oakland Puts Off Bonding. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;6/9/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32399, p35
The article reports that Oakland may not market another bond issue under a 2002 voter-approved authorization called Measure DD until 2007, if it will sell less than $100 million of the debt. Measure DD approved the sale of $198 million in debt for water and parks projects throughout the city....
- Michigan Passes Slate of Laws Affecting Local Bond Issuance. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;12/29/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33441, p8
The article reports on the debt-related laws that affect the bond issuance for local government in Michigan. It states that the law passed by legislators and signed by Governor Jennifer Granholm will allow local governments, facing high dept, to refinance at a net present-value loss. An overview...
- Light New-Issue Calendar Leads Munis to Finish Little Changed. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;4/27/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32120, p2
The article reports that after a mid-morning weakening due to a reversal in Treasuries, the municipal bond market managed to finish little change on April 26, 2005, supported by crossover buying and a relatively light new-issue calendar led by a $238 million tourist development tax revenue...
- Southwest Invisible Supply. // Bond Buyer;5/3/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32124, p30
The article presents a chart depicting information related to forthcoming bonds in the Southwestern region of the U.S.