Munis Lose Ground After Greenspan's Remarks; $1,2 Billion in New Loans
- Munis Follow Treasuries Higher on Upbeat Tone. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;2/23/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32325, p2
The article highlights the stronger performance of the municipal bonds and the U.S. government bond market on February 22, 2006. The government bond market rallied after concerns of high consumer price inflation failed to materialize and an auction of two-year Treasury notes generated strong...
- Munis Unable to Maintain Early Momentum, End Day Unchanged. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;2/25/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32078, p2
This article reports that the municipal bond market gave up earlier gains to finish near the unchanged line yesterday after Treasuries were unable to sustain curve-flattening momentum and the front end declined following a disappointing two-year note auction. Traders said bond prices were marked...
- Munis Continue to Adjust in Wake Of October Employment Report. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;11/9/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32007, p2
Reports on the performance of the municipal bond market on November 8, 2004 after a strong employment report in the U.S. Continued pressure on the market due to expected interest rate hikes by the Federal Reserve Board; Limited trading activity due to wide bid-ask spreads; Need to reevaluate the...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, November 8. // Bond Buyer;11/9/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32007, p2
Presents a table depicting the performance of the municipal bond market as of November 8, 2004 in the U.S. Government securities prices; Municipal bond index; 30-day visible supply.
- Municipals End Session Little Changed; Clark County Sells $361M Airport Deal. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;7/29/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31936, p2
Examines the status of the municipal bond market in the U.S., compiled as of July 29, 2004. New issue offerings; Improvement in treasuries due to weakness in stocks; Increase in orders; Ratings of notable bond sales.
- Munis Little Changed as Market Awaits Non-Farm Numbers. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;3/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32336, p2
The article examines the status of municipal bonds in the United States as the market waits for the February 2006 non-farm payrolls report. According to traders, intermediate paper was slightly weaker during the midday of March 9 but improved by the end of the session. The author also examines...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, March 29. // Bond Buyer;3/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31852, p2
Presents a chart depicting the performance of the municipal bond market in the United States during the March 29, 2004 trading session.
- Big Deals From Houston, Washington Should Boost Yields. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;5/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31885, p6
Reports on the volume of primary market municipal bond deals in the U.S. for the week of May 17, 2004. Major deals from various states; Yields expected by investors; Pricing of deals; Use of proceeds from the transactions.
- Jobs Data Expectations Drive Up Municipal Bond Indexes. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p52
Reports that most of "The Bond Buyer" newspaper's weekly municipal bond yield indexes rose at the end of May 2004 as expectations mounted that the release of the May employment report on June 2004 will be favorable and prompt the Federal Reserve to raise short-term rates later in June 2004. Key...