Bonds, But No Budget
- SOVEREIGN SUKUK: ADAPTATION AND INNOVATION. Wedderburn-Day, A. Roger // Law & Contemporary Problems;Fall2010, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p325
The article discusses the adaptation and innovation of an international Islamic bonds, also known as sukuk. It mentions the development of an international Islamic bond market and the position of sovereign borrowers at the forefront of that development of the market. Meanwhile, it cites the...
- FAR WEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p46
Presents a table on proposed bond issues in the Far West region of the U.S. as of June 4, 2004. Net amount of the bond issue; Approval status; Expected sale date.
- The Bond Market and Fiscal Institutions: Have Budget Stabilization Funds Reduced State Borrowing Costs? Wagner, Gary A. // National Tax Journal;Dec2004, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p785
Since budget stabilization funds have the potential to aid states in mitigating periods of fiscal stress, they may reduce the default risk associated with state-issued debt. This paper explores how budget stabilization funds affect state borrowing costs. While the empirical results reveal that...
- Decision in DeSoto. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/22/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31868, p25
Reports on the hope of DeSoto County School District that voters will approve a general obligation bond issue in Mississippi. Necessity of upgrading the district's school facilities; Percentage of voting for the bond issue to be approved; Estimated number of new students enrolled in the next...
- New Jersey OKs i-Deal, MuniAuction for Online Bidding. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;4/22/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31868, p32
Reports that the Department of Community Affairs of New Jersey has endorsed two electronic securities bidding companies to provide services to counties and municipalities that competitively sell bonds and notes. Security for local governments to streamline the traditional bidding process;...
- Northeast: Plain/Insured GO Yield Curves for June 23, 2005. // Bond Buyer;6/27/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32162, p37
This article presents a chart depicting the ratings of different bonds. The issuer states include, Maryland, Delaware, Vermont, Connecticut, Pennsylvania and New Hampshire.
- New York Board Approves $1.2B in Agency Debt. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/22/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31868, p3
Reports that the Public Authorities Control Board of New York approved the proposed state agency bond sales for various projects. Identification of the current refunding projects; Establishment of the Tall Oaks Apartments multifamily housing; Specification of other loans approved by the state...
- Oklahoma Caught Short When It Was Time to Refund, Bond Adviser Says. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;4/22/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31868, p5
Reports on the missed opportunity of Oklahoma state bond adviser James C. Joseph to refund in outstanding bonds by one day in March 2004. Identification of the target in the refunding deals; Expectation of economists for Federal Reserve policymakers to raise their target benchmark interest rate...
- U.S. TREASURY BONDS. // Caribbean Business;5/26/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 20, p53
This article presents information related to the U.S. Treasury Bonds. When maturity is 3 months yield is 2.74, 6 months yield is 3.02, 24 months yield is 3.62, 36 months yield is 3.70, 60 months yield is 3.84, 120 months yield is 4.10, 360 months yield is 4.42.